M&S new beauty launches

Today I did a magic juggling act between my day job and my life as a beauty blogger and left work early to rush across town to go to a couple of beauty press events, although in the end I was so busy chatting I never made it to the second….

The one I did make it to was the unveiling of Marks and Spencer’s latest range of beauty products and I have to say I am extremely impressed with what I saw. The whole range of M&S beauty has been made-over for 2010, and not just the packaging – formulas have been re-worked too. The skin care formulas have been streamlined into different categories catering for different skin needs, from sensitive skin (Formula Essential Care), the first signs of aging (Formula Age Defence), plus two formulas for mature skin (Age Repair and Age Restructure). Plus on top of all this is the Advance Formula range of products to treat specific issues.

As if that wasn’t enough – the new make-up bits are equally impressive. Stand out pieces for me were the Chanel-esque eye shadow quads, a pretty lip gloss from the essential range in the colour ‘tangerine’, a deep purple mascara, the make-up brushes (very soft, and something a bit ‘Sonia Kashuk’ about them), a white-pink eyeliner, the perfection skin finish blushers…. the list goes on!

I have been given a selection of the new products to test out, including the six ‘Beauty Heroes’, one of which I am hoping might be a more affordable treatment oil (Age Repair Phytoceramide Treatment Oil, costs £7.50) the the Anne Semonin I recently tried out. So I will get on that and report back. But check out the pictures for a bit of a preview – as not all the products shown are available in store yet.

1. April 16, 2010 / 1:58 pm

Oh, the blue/teal liner looks only gorgeous! Do you know when exactly the new range will be available in shops?

Well done on your ‘juggling’, looks like it was well worth rushing across town 🙂 x

2. April 16, 2010 / 2:14 pm

I had a bit of a play with the quads and they were well pigmented, especially for the price. Also, very smooth.

The liner was lovely, and really cheap too. It’s nice to see M&S being brave with the colours- I will check the release dates and let you know when bits will be in store.

3. Ms. Wedgie
    April 16, 2010 / 4:29 pm

I’ve always thought M&S make-up was a bit on the dull side but this new range looks fab…I really love the look of those quads!

Did you get to have a play with the brushes? I’ve been looking for some decent (but affordable) brushes to replace some of my MAC ones that lost a battle with a rather unruly sausage dog! 🙁

4. Anna
    April 17, 2010 / 3:43 pm

Oh wow, that actually looks quite nice!
    Never really considered M&S for make-up or skincare, but those brushes and eyeshadows at least LOOKS really really nice.
    Can’t wait to read your review on the products you got!

5. GlamSam
    April 18, 2010 / 8:53 am

Omgosh… I used to really hate the M&S beauty range… it just looked cheap and rubbish!

Hopefully their new and improved range will be better… I’m looking forward to trying it out 🙂

Sami xx

6. Primp and Preen
    April 19, 2010 / 7:41 pm

Looks good, looks as though I’ll need to go find a big M&S to see what I can get hold of.