My current obsession: coconut

Yep, there is a hint of Summer in the UK so I have decided that it’s a tropical isle and have become obsessed with anything coconut scented. Nothing fancy, but over the past week or so I picked up a couple of coconut products and I’m loving using them. The products are:

My Coconut Island Bath/Shower Gel from Treaclemoon (from Tesco about £2/3 for 500ml)

I love this shower gel – a supermarket bargain – it lathers amazingly (especially when using a shower poof thingy. A tiny drop goes a long way with one of those things. It smells of summer holidays so really perks up my morning. Not drying either – so happy days.

I like the packaging of the Treaclemoon products – it’s cute and not cheap looking. So happy to have it on display in the shower.

Boots Ingredients Coconut and Almond Intensive Hair Mask (Boots about £2)

A cheap and cheerful product from Boots, this cost about £2 I think. It’s a nice conditioner, not at all the best I have tried out – but it smells lovely and leaves hair smooth and soft, but not weighed down. My only real complaint with this is that the smell doesn’t really linger on my hair – the main reason I use a nicely scented product is so my hair smells good (the Aussie 3 min miracle is fantastic for this) but this doesn’t last, although it is nice at the point of using it. It isn’t the most amazing conditioner I’ve tried, but for the £2 price tag it’s pretty decent.

I’m considering buying the spray leave-in conditioner from the same Boots range. Has anyone tried this? It’s another cheap one, but my hair could do with some extra moisture so think this could be good for summer and I hope the leave-in element might make the scent last?

So there we have my current obsession – coconut. What do you think of coconut beauty products? Are there any I’m missing out on and should try??

**The Small Print**

I bought both of these products myself.

1. Dreams That Glitter
    June 14, 2010 / 8:50 am

Oooooh I adore Coconut! My favourite Coconut product is Lush’s ‘I Should Coco’ soap.

xoxo

2. June 14, 2010 / 9:48 am

ive used the leave in coconut conditioner and thought it was a bit crappy, didnt really do anything =0/ but then my hair is thick and somewhat course so you might have better results! xx

3. June 14, 2010 / 9:55 am

I love coconut.. I tried an almond and coconut leave in from boots and it worked wonders, definately go for it 🙂 xx

loradoesmakeup.blogspot.com

4. June 14, 2010 / 11:41 am

coconut is my favourite scent! I have a few shower gels and bodyshop body butters (one with shimmer too!) I definitely need to try the treacle moon one! xx

5. Alice Louise
    June 14, 2010 / 2:10 pm

I’ve tried the treatment mask and the leave in spray from boots. Like you said the smell doesn’t last long 🙁 This is the same with the spray. I bought them because my boyfriend loves coconut, he didn’t notice! Haha. Lovely blog 🙂 xx

6. Francesca
    June 14, 2010 / 7:58 pm

coconut is my favourite scent! I love the body shop body butter and scrubs 🙂

7. June 14, 2010 / 7:54 pm

The Body Shop coconut hair smoother thing is supposed to be good, and I would imagine the smell might linger as its a styling product. Could be worth a look 🙂

8. June 14, 2010 / 9:40 pm

I heart coconut! I’m always a fan of Body Shop’s stuff but one of my faves comes from a £1 store! It’s called “I heart” or “I love” and is a brilliant coconut scrub that lingers and lingers 🙂 x

9. The Shabby and The Chic
    June 16, 2010 / 11:09 am

Coconut beauty products can be gorgeous but U tend to find the smell becomes a bit pongy and artificial after a while – in fact the only products I can think of that don’t do this are from The Body Shop.

10. Recessionista!
    June 17, 2010 / 9:56 am

Why oh why can’t we have Tesco products here in the US?? We have Fresh & Easy markets, and since Fresh & Easy is owned by Tesco, you’d *think* that they’d sell these wonderful Tesco goodies, but no. 🙁 I do have to admit though, that I LOVE the fact that Fresh & Easy carries so many UK food products, like Heinz Salad Cream and the canned Treacle Pudding. I haven’t purchased either one of them, but I look at them in wonder every time I’m at the market. 🙂

The packaging of the body wash looks a lot like Philosophy 3-in-1’s (but without the hefty price tag). 🙂

11. June 17, 2010 / 10:13 am

I actually don’t have a Tesco near where I live in London (just the small ‘metro’ ones that they have in cities) so this was a bit of a novelty purchase for me – the beauty aisles are so much better in the mega-stores!

12. July 29, 2010 / 8:08 am

I’m obsessed with everything that smells of coconut! I love how moisturising the hair mask is. xoxo