New York, New York. So good they named it twice…

Picture from We Heart It

In a few short weeks I’m heading off to visit the Big Apple. I’m beyond excited as I love New York and America in general. This isn’t my first time there – I lived in America for a year and visited NY a couple of times whilst I was there. But it is the first time in a few years that I’m going back. It’s also the first time my boyfriend has been to anywhere in America – so the typical tourist stuff will definitely be on the agenda.

But I’d love to hear suggestions for everything from things to do (touristy or otherwise) places to see, places to eat (big food fan – so food suggestions very welcome!) shops to visit, anything random that is worth fitting in.

Plus I would really love to hear suggestions for beauty brands that I need to stock up on out there. Plus any special hints and tips of extra special beauty locations to check out then I would really love to hear more.

So, please do comment below with anything and everything NYC related – from dive bars to the best Sephora in town. I want to hear it all!

1. dani@callitbeauty
    August 30, 2010 / 4:58 pm

you are going to LOVE it!

my recommendations:
    -at least one broadway show (i suggest wicked, west side story and in the heights)
    -times square
    -a ferry that takes you close to the statue of liberty
    -the met and the museum if natural history
    -central park
    -5th avenue (they’ve got lots of great designer stores)
    -tea at the plaza hotel
    -frozen hot chocolate at serendipity

and that’s all i got for now. granted, there are 1-2 things on the list i haven’t done, but it’s definitely on the list of things i NEED to do when i go back next year.

new york city is my absolute fave! hope my suggestions help 🙂

-dani

2. kirstyb
    August 30, 2010 / 8:43 pm

oh im jealous i miss NYC x

3. August 30, 2010 / 7:56 pm

I just went there this summer.. I’d say see Wicked and if you love it do the tour on Saturday mornings at 10am, it’s lead by cast members and you get to see all the original costumes and props. If you get the chance see Avenue Q.. It is the funniest show and is totally unmissable, plus it’s a bit cheaper now because it’s off broadway. Go to the top of the Empire State building!! And pay the extra $15 to go to the 102nd floor. It’s so amazing! Make sure you leave enough time to really look aroun Times Square, I missed out on so much because we were only there for three days!! Do the horse and carriage tour of central park, it’s such a beautiful way to see a beautiful place! xx

loradoesmakeup.blogspot.com

4. Catherine Rooney
    September 1, 2010 / 7:13 pm

If you can get into the restaurant ‘Per Se’ its definately an experience..its owned by the same chef who owns The French Laundry in California which is often considered the best restaurant in the world. Also try Babbu, Gramercy Tavern, Daniel Boloud..and for a younger clubbier vibe try Tao. You have to go to Serendipity and order the frozen hot chocolate and obviously Sephora is where its at makeup-wise! I’m from Toronto (living in the UK now!) and New York isn’t far…its an amazing city..have a great time!!! 😀

5. September 5, 2010 / 9:18 am

You’ve seen my recommendations on my blog but my number one suggestion would have to be Buddakan. It’s probably best to book in advance if you want to go. I answered your question about Woodbury Common on my blog. Have an amazing time!

6. Ninni
    September 9, 2010 / 6:48 pm

I just came home from NY so have a look in my blog (I think you can translate it from swedish). I am writing about it!

7. February 5, 2012 / 5:29 pm

Awwwww I miss NYC…great place to travel too..I may return they say 3rd times a charm…Safe travels