Friday treat: Primark edition

I need to get a bit quicker at uploading my Friday treat posts I think! But here’s the one from last Friday!

I made a little visit to Primark as I wanted to pick up some gym socks and a day to day holdall to lug my work laptop around in. I know, how exciting.

But when I was there I spotted this little dress and loved it. Turquoise is my weakness when it comes to clothes (and beauty stuff, and house stuff…generally anything) so I knew I wanted it straight away I was going to buy it. The turquoise lace is almost neon, with a nude lining to tone the brightness down.

I normally don’t like black accessories all that much, but with this I actually like the black belt – makes wearing the dress now with black tights much easier (I’m a BIG fan of black tights, takes a lot to get my legs out). But anyway, for £15 (is it just me, or is Primark getting more expensive?) I thought this was really worthy of this week’s Friday treat.

Bought by me.

1. London Squirrel
    March 21, 2012 / 8:13 am

What a pretty dress. I think Primark does seem to be getting more expensive. They have blazers for £15 which is the same price as those in other stores.

2. March 21, 2012 / 10:25 am

I agree, they are slightly more expensive for some things than they used to be – maybe they’re increasing quality/fabric but somehow I doubt it.

3. Tor
    March 21, 2012 / 12:02 pm

This is very cute! I agree about Primark pricing though, they”re definitely creeping them up 🙁

Tor @ That’s Peachy Fashion Blog xx

4. Kay
    March 21, 2012 / 9:53 pm

Lovely dress! I love the combination of the turquoise lace overlay over the nude – seems perfect and fitting for Spring!

5. March 23, 2012 / 7:18 pm

I love this dress, I think I may buy it for my brother’s wedding! Primark is getting more expensive, but that was always going to happen, just as H & M was a lot cheaper than it is now. Forever 21 will eventually expand further and take Primark’s place as the ultimate budget go to, and when they up their prices, they’ll be somewhere new. At least with the raised prices quality is consistently better and the design is fantastic!

Steph x

6. AddictedtoBeauty
    March 28, 2012 / 1:30 am

Wow, this is cute! I never find good things at primark, but then I am so scared of the crowds there. May have to brave it again soon. x