The Body Shop Body Butter

Did you know that 2013 marks the 21st anniverary of The Body Shop’s iconic Body Butter?! I know, makes me feel old too… but to celebrate the lovely product’s landmark year I thought I’d do a little run down of a selection of the scents and a particular favourite of mine…

body shop body butter

So starting top left above we have… Mango, Brazil Nut, Coconut, Strawberry and Moringa and they are really vary in terms of scent (obviously) and texture – the coconut and brazil nut versions are much thicker where the other three are a creamier lighter texture. So I have broken these five down into my ‘menu’ of options for these and the situations they are best for…

Coconut – the ultimate holiday scent, best for keeping skin soft pre and post beach.

Brazil Nut – really rich and moisturising, ideal for colder months where you need a proper dose of hydration for cold weather-weathered skin.

Moringa – a lovely every day scent, light and inoffensive. Good if you don’t want to mess with any other scent you’re wearing.

Mango – Lovely for Summer, without smelling too ‘holiday’. Fresh and fruity!

Strawberry – Perfect if you want to smell good enough to eat! This is a boy-pleaser too – so maybe the body butter of choice for a first date?!

Do you have a favourite body butter from The Body Shop – so many to choose from, there’s one for everyone!

Available from The Body Shop

PR samples.

1. July 2, 2013 / 8:22 am

The Strawberry one is my favorite. Smells so good that i want to eat it! :))

2. Rosa
    July 2, 2013 / 11:32 am

I love all of them but I think my favourite has to be raspberry. I love the sweetness of it 🙂

Glossy Temptations x

3. July 2, 2013 / 11:14 am

I’ve been using the coconut one for years, just in the summer to make my legs look shiny and lovely, I dont reckon them much for actual moisture though, which is unfortunate 🙁
    roshjourney.blogspot.co.uk

4. July 2, 2013 / 12:44 pm

The Shea butter one is my favourite, heavy duty for dry elbows and knees and smells amazing! All time favourite is the Tangerine though, that scent reminds me of being a kid!

5. Joy @Twelve52
    July 2, 2013 / 4:51 pm

Ah, the Body Shop Body Butters are such classics! Everyone definitely has a favourite. I’m a fan of Mango myself 🙂

6. Amber Hunter
    July 2, 2013 / 5:34 pm

I absolutely love how the Strawberry Body Butter smells!
    xx Amber
    Lovely Notions

7. July 2, 2013 / 5:21 pm

Wow, I can’t believe the body butters have been around for 21 years! I love the coconut one! x

8. July 2, 2013 / 7:39 pm

21 years !! That’s crazy . I remember my teen years using this stuff coco butter was my favourite

9. PBunnieP
    July 3, 2013 / 7:32 am

I just bought one over the weekend from their Canada Day sales, gotta stock up on my favourite Cocoa Butter! I’ve tried a few of the fruitier ones but found them rather irritating to my nose (strawberry just didn’t work for me). Next up however, I’ve gotta try the florals!

10. July 3, 2013 / 3:17 pm

I Love the coconut scent, it really is perfect for holidays. I recently purchased a coconut body butter with shimmer from the body shop which i’m really looking forward to using this summer. It has the most amazing creamy texture!
    Sam x

11. July 3, 2013 / 6:17 pm

I need to get my hands on some of these butters, always hear such wonderful things about them!!

12. July 4, 2013 / 10:52 am

I picked up the rose body butter in the sale.. for £2! It’s GORGEOUS. But I am so into my body oils at the moment that I haven’t used it yet.

13. August 17, 2013 / 3:33 am

I only wear my body shop butter at night because it is very rich and creamy. My skin feels amazing in the morning.I bought the cranberry one in the Christmas range.