I’ve got to be honest and say I’ve been damn lucky as 2014 has already been filled with moments that matter to me – with big birthdays, lots of weddings, new life changes (getting a puppy…taking the plunge of working for myself…) not to mention the whole ‘impending marriage’ thing that’s happening in two weeks time (*freaks out*).
But along with a marriage comes some other fun bits and bobs…including my hen do that happened last weekend as was the perfect time to put this Sure deodorant to the test (along with the extremely handy moments that matter kit!)
My hen do was a total whirlwind for me, as it was all a total mystery – all I knew is we were going to Brighton and my three awesome bridesmaids were planning it. I’ll be honest and say there was a bit of a worry when it came to the whole stripper/naked butler type thing.. I didn’t want any naked men involved in my hen do at all. Just an amazing day/night with my favourite girls… which was exactly what I had. Very laid back, but so much fun. Highlights – being dressed as a cheerleader… fish & chips on Brighton beach… dancing until 3am… champagne & VIP Brighton wheel rides… winning in the arcades… staying in the most gorgeous air b’n’b ever…the gorgeous Spa at The Grand…. the debacle of breakfast (long story) and delicious American diner feasts before heading home sleepy but very happy.
But, I trusted them and left the planning in their hands – and have to say that I loved it. I loved not knowing, that everything we did was a surprise was great fun and the added little twists – like challenges to complete when playing in the arcades on the pier, mystery fancy dress for the dinner at our gorgeous Air b’n’b and then some dares for the night out… all made it all the more exciting.
But with nerves/excitement comes some downsides… last thing I wanted on top of the mystery/fun/excitement was to be distracted by feeling sweaty… which you can tell from the snaps from the weekend below, definitely didn’t happen!
Make your own ’emergency’ moments that matter kit:
– Roll a sole: Seriously amazing. Not pictured here – but they’re those little lightweight ballet pumps that roll up to fit in the smallest of bags. You need these. On the hen, I took these out and promptly switched my painful heels for comfort when we left the club at 3am
– Tic-Tacs: For me, something like tic-tacs or gum is always an essential, whatever I’m doing and wherever I am. No fresh breath worries here, thank you very much.
– Hair Spray: Finish a style, or add a bit of volume. My little trick is to tip head upside down and blast with spray, flip over and smooth down a bit. Volume, a little messy but not total hedge-head. Very handy. Can also come in handy if you have a static issue with a dress/skirt…
– Protein Ball Snack: I have gotten to that stage in life where I worry about being hungry somewhere and pretty much always take a snack, just in case in my bag. These are perfect for on the go as easy to carry, not too messy and not unhealthy. Note to self – start choosing these as healthy snacks instead of crisps/wispa…
– Favourite lipstick: Lipstick is a girls secret weapon to perk up an outfit/look in a simple swipe. You can’t go wrong with a classic MAC red shade like this. For your own kit, just choose your favourite bold shade and you’re good to go, whatever comes your way.
– Matching nails: Like lipstick, nails are another thing where I feel infinitely more confident when they have been recently painted and freshly manicured. Combine this totally confident my deodorant will hold up and I’m feeling pretty good!
– Rescue Remedy: I’ve never tried this, but with the wedding only week’s away, this has been a very handy little calm-me-down… if it works or not, I don’t know – but I’ll give it a whirl!
– Hair Brush: Because besides a slick of lipstick it’s the quickest way to take yourself from mess…to less of a mess (maybe that’s just me). But you know what I mean, a quick hair brush hides a whole manner of sins/hits of the snooze button.
– Travel Candle: I do love a candle, and it’s a rare day that I don’t have one burning at some point. The easiest way to create a lovely chilled atmosphere (or temporarily disguise the fact the bins really do need to be taken out asap)
– Starbucks card: Oh man, I can’t even begin to tell you how much this came in handy on the Sunday post-hen. I’m not even a real coffee drinker – but a large frozen coffee was the way to my heart that morning.
– Sure Women Maximum Protection: Without a doubt the number one essential. No-body loves a sweaty bride-to-be/hen/person. Plus, now I don’t tend to go clubbing all the time I do really notice how gross those places can smell. Seriously, so sweaty. I really don’t want to be adding to it – and this is the sort of stuff you can apply and have full faith will not let you down at all.
What are your essentials to cope with your moments that matter (apart from the deodorant…obvs, that one goes without saying!) – what are your very own moments that matter to you?
Sponsored by Sure Deodorant