Hello July, where did you sneak up on us from? I know it’s a total cliche, but where is 2017 going? All passing so fast. It’s been a bit quiet around the blog for the past month or so. I’m sorry about that, and thank you for those of you who have emailed or messaged me to see if all was ok! Everything is fine, just going through a phase where I didn’t feel I had anything to say to be honest!
I don’t know what it is about the internet at the moment but it’s become a place where expressing any sort of opinion opens up the floodgates for offending people. That’s never been my style and I’m ok with that. But sometimes it means I do tend to err on the side of caution to avoid offence or drama. Not to say a blog post is going to cause drama – especially not from me! But I guess the blogging world is so full of creative and interesting people and ideas – I just felt like I didn’t have anything to offer.
This isn’t the case of course, I have my only little dose of creativity and interest to offer my corner of the internet, I just didn’t quite know how to shape it. Rather than blogging for blogging’s sake, I decided to go easy on myself and just not pressure myself to post if there wasn’t something I felt really excited and passionate about OR was part of a pre-existing project I was working on. I hope that’s ok and I hope the posts I have shared have been interesting for you. As always, thank you for reading when I have been posting new content – or of course going through the archives! There’s a whole load of content there from 2009 to now, especially when I was posting daily for the bulk of the time!
Anyway, June is gone and now we’re in July. So I’m looking ahead at the month to come and noting down some plans and goals. Some personal, some blog and some random.
- Get back to regular posting: Whilst I’ve gone easy on myself in June, I want to start cracking the whip a bit more in July. I have a list of ideas of things I want to blog about – a mix of beauty and the other areas I am excited to write about more and more. Quite a few home posts I want to share as I’m finally getting up and running with a redecoration project at home. Only taken nearly two years… but almost there. The goal? Three posts a week minimum.
- Eat healthily: Whenever I’m busy, or if I’m totally honest – most of the time – I am pretty rubbish at making healthy eating choices. As a result I’m finding my weight creeping up to a place where I don’t feel happy and confident in myself. I want to really focus on making good choices in July and sort of ‘reseting’ my diet and eating. Starting with a clear out of the kitchen to get rid of my usual ‘lazy’ food that I reach for to just fill a space. With the exception of the birthday cake from earlier this week (I was my birthday last Wednesday so there’s some cake left over and no matter how healthy I am I don’t throw away cake). If you have suggestions for super easy quick meals or snacks please let me know! The goal? Lose 8lbs by the end of the month. Not that weight on a scale is the ultimate measure – but it gives me something to aim for, which works for me.
- Start Yoga and Pilates: I’ve been banging on about this since January and never quite pulled my finger out to do it. I’m booked to do a pilates class locally in about a week. I have to wait until I have my bandages off from the leg surgery I had (more info on that HERE) but I want to get back to making exercise part of my day to day as soon as possible. I’m very much out of that routine and it feels quite daunting at the moment to start again, but delaying isn’t making it any easier. The goal? Try at least one class of each before the end of the month.
- Get snapping: Not snapchat, very much over that phase. But photography. I want to get back to taking more photos day to day. I want to work with some photographers to help get some fresh content for the blog and also get more comfortable in front of the camera myself. So if you have photographer recommendations please let me know. The goal? A full day of photography time every week in July.
- Focus: This is pretty much across the board. Focus on my business goals (I have some of those too, but that’s a whole separate post), focus on the content I create, focus on what I want to achieve each day, focus on what’s important beyond work and day to day chores. Less distractions please, more focus. Easy to say… less easy to do… The goal? Daily to-do lists that are achievable and I can measure what I’ve done each day.
On that note I’m off to catch up on last night’s Love Island… yes, I’m hooked… and no that doesn’t count as a distraction…
What do you have planned for the month and Summer ahead? I’d love to hear if you can relate to any of my goals!