I’m not all that great at putting too much personal stuff out there on this blog, but I guess after blogging for four years it might be nice to share a few little things about me – and I’ve been loving reading these ’50 Facts’ so here goes my only little version… hopefully there’s a few little interesting things in there that you might not already know!
1. I have two middle names.
2. One of which is Verity.
3. My two house rabbits are called Charlton and Chip.
4. I work in social media.
5. I studied American Studies at University.
6. This meant I spent a year at an American University – Louisiana State University (Geaux Tigers!).
7. I have two siblings, a younger brother and an older half sister.
8. I once played a moth in a school play (The Insect Play) and yes, I always wanted to be a butterfly not a moth.
9. Due to point 6 Louisiana is without a doubt my favourite US State.
10. I’ve been living in London since 2006.
11. I once blagged my way into the MTV TRL studio in Times Square. Only to be face-humped by a puppet dog (the one that was in an Eminem video) on live TV.
12. I have never been able to touch my toes.
13. But I can do the caterpillar (at least I could last time I tried)
14. I have a huge weakness for pasta (and carbs in general)
15. I did A Levels in Drama, Biology and Philosophy
16. My favourite tube line is the Victoria Line.
17. I don’t like tea or coffee.
18. I’ve never found a cheese a didn’t like.
19. I have no interest in being famous.
20. My favourite colour is turquoise.
21. I passed my driving test on the third try.
22. I need to get glasses, but keep putting it off.
23. I generally only like American TV shows, not as a rule but seems to be the trend.
24. I really like spicy food.
25. My favourite vegetable are mushrooms.
26. Favourite fruit would be bananas (with grapes as a close second).
27. I’ve always hated maths.
28. I have a good sense of direction.
29. I’m really terrible at remembering names, which can be very embarrassing.
30. Speaking of embarrassing, I used to blush so much I actually looked beetroot.
31. I used to have five piercings (counting each ear piercing as one), now I have three.
32. When I was younger I told friends I had pet piglets in the garden. I didn’t.
33. I used to have a birthmark on my leg in the shape of the UK (it’s faded now). I thought everyone had one in the shape of the country they’re from.
34. If I start playing The Sims there’s a high chance you will loose me for a few days.
35. I really don’t get the thing some people have for Robert Pattinson.
36. I really love Banana Yazoo. Only Banana – Strawberry and Chocolate just don’t cut it.
37. For my GCSE Art project I made a clay shoe.
38. I hate onions.
39. I still wish I could move to live in America.
40. I’m only 5ft3 & for some reason people often think I’m taller than that. Maybe because I wear heels quite a bit.
41. My favourite TV channel is E!
42. I’m don’t drink much, but if I do my favourite drinks are bucks fizz or a bramble cocktail.
43. My music taste is fairly mainstream, but eclectic – I like everything from R’n’B, to country to dubstep…
44. I don’t have a favourite band or artist. I just like what I like.
45. I like having a good cleaning and tidying session, but only when the boy is out – if he’s home I get grumpy if he’s not helping.
46. I can’t stand anyone touching my belly button. Not that anyone would just randomly touch it.
47. I have a bigger weakness for savoury snacks than chocolate.
48. I’m a bit obsessed with storage. I love being organised, but I’m also a hoarder.
49. I grew up in Essex, but most people who meet me wouldn’t guess I’m an Essex girl!
50. My favourite Disney film is Beauty and the Beast.
There we have it, a selection of random facts about me! Hopefully these were interesting/entertaining for you. Leave your links in comments below if you have done a ‘facts about you’ type of post too – would love to have a read. Or of course, if you have any questions you want to ask – leave them in the comments or tweet me on @beautyjunkieldn