What do you buy with you Boots No7/Ruby & Millie £5 vouchers…?

After seeing THIS post from Lipglossiping about how you spend your £5 ’till spits’ from Boots I thought I would share what I spent mine on (since I used them yesterday)…

I had three vouchers, so yes I was that pain in the bum who wanted to split my purchases to make sure I could use each voucher.

1. No7 Cleanse & Care Eye Make-Up Remover

This is my absolute must have from No7, I have yet to find an eye make-up remover that I prefer to this – this is probably about the 5th bottle I have purchased. Priced £7.50, getting it for £2.50 is a bargain.

2. No7 Eyeshadow Blend and Contour Brush

I already have a couple of brushes from No7 and really like them. I don’t have any mac brushes to compare them to, but so far I have found them to be good quality with minimal shedding, I think for the price they are excellent value – so thought I would try out a couple more.

3. No7 Eye Colour Brush

You can never have too many eyeshadow brushes (actually, I think my boyfriend disagrees with this) so went for another of these. I currently use the elf c-shaped shadow brush for eye colour so interested to see how these compare.

Both of the brushes cost £6.50 full price, so at £1.50 each I definitely can’t complain.

I did have a look at the Ruby & Millie stand, but as usual nothing caught my attention – this wasn’t helped by the fact the stand was in a bit of a state. I have said it many times before, but retailers need to keep an eye on the state of their make-up counters, there is nothing that makes me walk away quicker than a cluttered, poorly stocked and grubby make-up stand.

Having never really been attracted to anything from Ruby & Millie I don’t know a lot about the brand – let me know if there is something I am missing, or generally what your views are of Ruby & Millie? I’d love to hear more. Oh, and tell me what you spend your £5 vouchers on!

1. March 25, 2010 / 7:56 am

I get the eye-makeup remover too 🙂 it’s fab.
    I also get the beautifully balanced cleanser, it’s the only one i’ve found that stops my skin from being too oily but leaves it really cleansed and fresh feeling.
    Next time i’d like to try some of the make-up.

2. Primp and Preen
    March 25, 2010 / 7:59 am

I’ve picked up a No 7 blusher brush, the No 7 eye colour brush you mention, No 7’s concealer brush, 2 new nail polish shades and a Ruby and Millie I Liner brush that I think Lipglossiping mentioned in her post. It seems I’ve been spending far too much money in Boots recently!

3. March 25, 2010 / 9:34 am

Hi I just did a post on some of my No 7 favourites – with the vouchers it’s amazing value. i already own the no 7 foundation and concealer brushes which are brilliant so i think i’ll pick up some more with my vouchers.
    regarding ruby and millie – i’m not that interested in the make up in general (agree the stand is always a shambles – there’s never anyone manning them) but i’ve been wearing their nail polish in brown for years, its a gorgeous matt brown, really unique. also their brushes are really good – i have the blusher brush which is fab and i’m going to get the contour brush and possibly a liner brush.
    Amina

4. *Peonies and lilies*
    March 25, 2010 / 11:34 am

Ruby and Mille always seems to have poorly stocked and messy stands, it definitely puts me off.

I love the No 7 eye make up remover, hot cloth cleanser and clear nail varnishes x

5. March 25, 2010 / 1:13 pm

I did a post on my No7 Vouchers, I agree that the Ruby and Millie stands always seem messy in Boots, although this time I picked up one of there lipglosses in a lovely pinky/lilac shade and im really loving it!..Also picked up the makeup bag which was £3 with the voucher!! Bargain!!…emmaloubeautynews.blogspot.com

x

6. March 25, 2010 / 3:17 pm

I am immediately regretting binning all the crap they give you with your receipt in Boots. (I mean recycling of course.)
    PP

7. March 25, 2010 / 6:17 pm

I never thought of getting brushes with my vouchers. Thanks for that. Ruby and Millie eyeshadows are pretty good – pigmented and big. Plus the cases are threaded so you can screw them together to stack, which I really like. I agree about the stands though. No-one seems to look after them and they are always half empty.

8. March 26, 2010 / 1:59 am

I recently got a gorgeous – gooooorgeous, believe me! – liquid eyeshadow from Ruby&Millie with my voucher. The colour is called Mink I think, and it’s the business: long lasting, extremely easy to apply, no creasing, beautiful delicate shimmer… I also like R&M brushes and lipstick. Particularly Sheer Pink, which looks incredibly whore-ish in the ‘bullet’ but goes on so sheer and glossy 🙂

9. Beauty Scribbler
    March 27, 2010 / 2:15 pm

Bit of a late response, but I always buy No.7 4-in-1 wipes with my £5 vouchers – *every* time! It takes them down from a slightly overpriced £7 to a much more reasonable £2. And they’re the best make-up remover wipes I’ve ever used. Yeah I always feel the same way about Ruby & Millie!

10. GlamSam
    March 28, 2010 / 3:07 pm

I always get those vouchers but I never know how to spend them! :-S
    I’m not really a big fan of No7 or Ruby and Millie so I just leave them in my purse until it becomes out of date!

11. Get Gawjus!
    March 28, 2010 / 7:36 pm

I love the No 7 contour brush too! 🙂

12. March 29, 2010 / 2:09 pm

The Ruby & Millie brushes are good too, I’ve got a few of them in the past with the £5 off vouchers, particularly love the eyeshadow brush.

The Ruby & Millie make up stand at my Boots is always a mess too – its like they can’t be bothered to keep it tidy because it doesn’t have dedicated Ruby & Millie sales assistants!

Ellie <3

13. Anonymous
    March 21, 2012 / 12:20 pm

Ooh bump on this thread as I have been getting the liquid eyeliners which are amazing from no7 for £3, as well as nail varnishes in coral colours for £2! Hooray for vouchers!

14. January 17, 2013 / 6:49 pm

Do you teach any make up courses for how to use this stuff? At least any online examples on youtube or something? Thanks.