Wedding face of the day

I recently went to my cousin’s wedding up in Edinburgh, which I was twittering on about for a while in the run up. The whole day was fantastic, I now want more friends and family members to get married so I can go to the wedding – I think they are lovely. Plus the Scottish dancing was a lot of fun – although I am terrible at it.

I haven’t been to that many weddings/civil ceremonies in my life so far, but I love having the chance to get dressed up. Plus the fact that we were staying in the hotel where the wedding was meant that I could wear ridiculously high heels as no walking was required.

Anyway, make-up wise I went for a fairly neutral look as it was day-night, didn’t want anything to dark and heavy in the middle of the afternoon. Below are some pictures and a breakdown of what I used.

Face:
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation** (shade 4)
No7 Shine Free Make-up Base**
MAC Moisturecover Concealer (NW15)
MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural (light) – not pictured

Cheeks:
Benefit Coralista Blusher & Dallas Bronzer from the Powderazzi set
MAC Mineralise Skinfinish (By Candlelight)

Eyes:
Urban Decay e/s Primer Potion in ‘sin’
MAC e/s in Naked Lunch (all over lid)
MAC e/s in Satin Taupe (crease)
Bourjois Liner Clubbing** (Brown Vibes)
Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara** (black)

Lips:
Revlon Lipgloss** (in peach petal/150) – love this, full review coming soon.

Just for fun, here is a picture of the gorgeous view from the wedding – Edinburgh Castle in all it’s glory, including the lesser known phenomenon of sunshine in Scotland.

**The Small Print**

All products bought by myself, except those marked with a **.

1. Dani
    April 7, 2010 / 7:10 am

is it bad that my first thought upon seeing Edinburgh Castle was, “omg Hogwarts!”? it is, isn’t it? my apologies!

your skin has such a beautiful glow, i love it!

-dani

2. XOVINTAGELOVE
    April 7, 2010 / 8:26 am

Gorgeous! So glowy 🙂

And that castle is breathtaking. I’d love to go there one day!

3. April 7, 2010 / 7:32 am

u look so pretty!! love the make-up! I also have the N7 base but its too dry for my skin :/ The Revlon lipgloss looks a pretty pink too
    xoxo!

4. April 7, 2010 / 10:41 am

Pretty! Very, very pretty! And your teeth are so white 😉 I’m a bit crazy about teeth… why does everyone think it’s weird?

5. April 7, 2010 / 1:29 pm

Hey I love your blog! So cute with lots of good information 🙂 I just put up a new blog (http://glamifyme.blogspot.com/) called Project Glam and why whole thing is I want to be more girly. I don’t have any girl friends really, just guys lol. So I really need help, this week I’m asking about make up… do you think you could go check it out and leave a comment with a suggestion? I’m really trying to reach out here so I’m excited to see if my blog picks up anytime soon. Thank-you so much!
    -Britton-Lee

6. April 7, 2010 / 3:52 pm

Scotland did get some sunshine- I almost cried with shock and happinesss!

love the face, perfect for day wedding,

Bx

beautyh2t.blogspot.com

7. April 14, 2010 / 11:50 am

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments, you are all making me blush (and giving me a big head…!)

@Ola – I have a bit of a thing about teeth too. Not that I do anything that fancy to mine, but I do think they make a huge difference to how you look 🙂 so it’s not just you.

@Dani – the castle does look a bit ‘Hogwarts!’ it was an amazing view, especially in the sunshine/sunset!