I don’t post about clothing/fashion on here usually, but this is slightly different. For the past week I have been wearing a pair of Fit Flop Super Boots to walk to and from work in. Shoes might seem like an odd thing to post on, but the ‘beauty appeal’ of these is that they claim to help your lower half tone up as you walk normally. Since I love testing out gadgets and gismos that promise to make my body a bit better with minimal effort, these seemed like a perfect choice for a new experiment.
The fit flop ‘wobble board’ sole promises to deliver up to:
19% more quadricep activation
30% longer bottom muscle activation
16% more hamstring activation
Sounds good. Especially considering my muscles are getting pretty much zero % activation until I join the gym (soon, soon…) then this is positive.
So for the past week they have been my footwear of choice for the commute (around half an hour walk each way) so not over mega distances, but far enough to be able to form a first impression. This is just a first impressions post, I’ll follow up in a few weeks (probably in the new year) about how I think they have done in helping me to tone up.
– They are amazingly comfortable
– They make fantastic snow shoes, the leather keeps feet warm and dry and the soles have a lot of grip, so no slipping for me.
– They look a lot better than some of the other ‘tone up’ types of shoes out there although this style is slightly more noticeably a ‘work out’ shoe than the other mukluk or ‘so’ styles.
– They are a little awkward to put on as the ankle area is quite snug (I need to use the loophole at the back to pull them on), but once on they fit perfectly.
– I can feel the muscles in the back of my thighs more than I can normally.
– They make me very conscious of how I am walking (this is probably just because I’m paying a lot of attention for review purposes though!)
I’ve taken measurements of my calves, thighs and bum to see if there is any noticeable toning/slimming. I will also be using the tried and testing ‘skinny jeans’ measurement (a pair of jeans that are quite snug now, in a few weeks I’ll see if they feel anymore comfortable).
Will report back soon!
In the meantime, if you want more information about the Fit Flop range visit the website.
**The Small Print**