Playing with…17 Gold Shatter Nail Polish

Shatter top coats are EVERYWHERE at the moment, so I have been having a play with this gold one (and another one, but that’s a separate blog post) to see how it works with different colours. Despite this not *really* being gold, it’s more of a champagne sort of shade… but that’s being pedantic… I really like the colour (much more than the black Barry M top coat) and think it works really well with brights underneath… as I will demonstrate!

The 17 Crackle Top Coat

The colours I used… L-R: Illamasqua Force (a gorgeous creamy blue), Revlon Emerald City (shimmery but matte emerald green), Filthy Gorgeous Tu Tu Much (hot pink, Illamasqua Gamma (bright orange from the new Toxic Nature Collection), No7 Vivid Violet (shimmering purple).

The colours I used…

Below, on the nail, Thumb- Little Finger: No7 Vivid Violet, Illamasqua Gamma, Filthy Gorgeous Tu Tu Much, Revlon Emerald City, Illamasqua Force.

It’s like a rainbow!

With a coat of the 17 shatter top coat.

Just shatter coat, no gloss.

With a layer of glossy top coat over the shatter coat.

With glossy top coat.

Which colour do you think worked the best? I think Gamma looks pretty good, as does the green. I actually quite like the rainbow of colours, but not sure I’d wear them out!

Shatter top coat and nail colours are PR samples.

1. April 6, 2011 / 8:55 am

This is my least successful crackle. It goes on so thickly. I just can’t seem to get a ‘finer’ crackle with it…..
    I much prefer Barry M and W7.

2. Lala
    April 6, 2011 / 10:09 am

such beautiful colours!
    they look soooo pretty 🙂

xo lala

3. Ms Bubu
    April 6, 2011 / 10:42 am

Looks nice! I have the Barry M one, but I was wondering why they are not launching any new colours! After a while you get bored of the black one!

4. Dreams That Glitter xoxo
    April 6, 2011 / 11:20 am

Wow love it with the brights you’ve used! I did a NOTD with it on monday and used a navy, but I’m loving this combination too.

xoxo

5. Beauty Addict
    April 6, 2011 / 2:48 pm

I like the purple one best!

6. April 6, 2011 / 3:53 pm

So many different companies doing these now, I think my head will explode haha! Only having the Barry M one, and not being a big fan of crackle polishes, I actually quite like the colour of this one. It goes very well with the bright polishes. Just a shame this one doesn’t apply thinner, because I think they look “better” when applied thinner!

7. River
    April 6, 2011 / 8:21 pm

Very nice! I like the green the best I think, works well together.

8. Skin Scrubs
    April 6, 2011 / 10:24 pm

I prefer these lighter crackle shades to the black. As for which nail it looks best on it’s hard to choose I like them all and think the rainbow look is quite cute!

9. Lianne
    April 7, 2011 / 7:17 am

I like gamma but think because the gold is so muted it might look better over more subtle tones- like White, nude, taupe. Never seen this gold one though. I’ve seen Barry M are doing a white pink and blue crackle range now.