I need your ideas!

If you follow me on twitter, then you probably already know this… but it’s not long until I go away to New York. The trip was a bit of a spark of extreme generosity (not that I’m not generous normally… but this was a whole another level of generous) for my boyfriend as a Christmas/birthday present. Of course, whilst it’s a present for him, it’s still something I’m going to enjoy and I might even be lucky enough to hit the shops once or twice…

Image source

So that’s where I need your ideas! What brands/products do you have on your America wish list? I need more inspiration… I have some Sephora OPI colours and some Maybelline products that aren’t currently available in the UK – but I want more ideas! Any ideas are welcome, small or large!

Comment on this blog to let me know what you think I should check out over there (if you have other NYC related ideas too then let me know!) and I might just bear them in mind for an upcoming readers giveaway I’m planning…

1. January 26, 2012 / 9:50 pm

Victoria’s Secret Makeup always looks good to me. You can’t get it here (at least not until later this year when the flagship London store opens)so have a go and let us know if you like it! Had a another thought, they have Covergirl as well which I have always wanted to try.
    x
    Amanda

• January 27, 2012 / 2:53 pm

That’s a great suggestion, I haven’t tried any VS make-up yet so will definitely check that out. Thank you!

• January 27, 2012 / 2:53 pm

I found a Cover Girl mascara last time I was there that I really liked. Need to dig it out to remind myself which it was.

2. Kim
    January 27, 2012 / 2:04 pm

EOS (Evolution of Smooth) sphere chapsticks and lotions are amazing. Try to find the Wet n Wild pallettes. They usually have them in Walgreens or CVS. I don’t use them but my friend from Italy absolutely loves them. You’d probably like Comfort Zone since it’s a really neutral one. Their lipsticks are suppose to be good as well. There’s Hard Candy, Sally Hansen, Jesse’s Girl, Milani, Sinful Colors, Revlon, Wet n Wild, L’Oreal, Maybelline, Essie, Opi, China Glaze, Finger Paints (try to find a Sally’s Beauty to get the new flakies!) nail polishes. Of course you can get some here, but they’re a lot cheaper there. I’m actually American living in England and we just got back from NY at the begining of the month. See if you can maybe get to a Target, which is a cheap department store. See if there’s a Five Below as well because everything in the store is under $5 and there was some good makeup in the one near my mom’s house (she lives 120 miles north of NYC). Other stores you might want to look at are (some are pretty obvious): Macys, Bloomingdales, Bath and Body Works, Aldo, Forever 21, Rite Aid, Duane Reade and 100s of more I’m sure that I can’t think of right now 🙂

• January 27, 2012 / 2:52 pm

Amazing suggestions – thank you!I would love to head to a Target :)will definitely be raiding Duane Reade… can’t wait! Thank you!

3. January 27, 2012 / 3:00 pm

Worth checking out the Neutrogena range of cosmetics, you can only really get the skincare over here. The foundations are surprisingly good as are the concealers and the mosaic blushes… most of these not any more than $12 i picked some up in the summer and would definatly re purchase…:-) There available from Walmart. Lisa Eldridge recommended them too , cant get much better than that

4. January 27, 2012 / 8:31 pm

I was going to say Sephora but that’s just obvious! Have a great time, I was there in December for my birthday and it’s just magical. xx

5. Kaylea
    January 27, 2012 / 10:06 pm

take a visit to Saks, (you wont wanna leave)they have a HUGE collection of Bobbi Brown and Iv been eyeing up some diorskin products 🙂
    have a lovely time!

6. LipglossndLife
    January 27, 2012 / 10:25 pm

Try Tarinna Tarantino make up range! the products are exclusive to sephora and so amazing! The palettes are absolute heaven for any beauty junkie , i’ve done a review on http://www.lipglossandlife.com

also have a look in henri bendels on 5th avenue, not just beauty related but some of the loveliest things you will ever need to buy! 😉

7. @LoveLaurelx
    January 29, 2012 / 10:05 am

Bath & Body Works, every time! Gorgeously fruity, relatively inexpensive bathroom loveliness! x