What’s in my makeup bag?

I think the make-up you carry in your handbag says a lot about a person… it means that the ‘chosen few’ products are pretty darn awesome in order to be close at hand all day long! So here’s a sneaky peak at the ones I currently tote around with me on a daily basis.
The essentials:
Denman Compact Brush
These things are genius, hair brush and mirror in a tiny compact. That’s all I need to say really.
Bare Minerals Foundation (Light)*
This is currently my go-to foundation and finishing powder. Even when I’m using another liquid foundation I use this in the morning to dust over at set – and give a little extra coverage and staying power in the t-zone. Then it works perfectly for a touch up of foundation or just a t-zone powder to get rid of excess shine over the day.
Simple Moisture Mist*
I love this as a refresher, rather than just feeling like I’m caking layer upon layer of foundation on, sometimes it’s nice to spritz this and feel refreshed instead. Plus I like to use this after I have added a bit of powder so it doesn’t look too cakey – this keeps skin looking more glowy. This is one I always take if I’m flying too.
Daisy Eau So Fresh Rollerball
I picked up this portable version of my favourite fragrance in Sephora and I really wish they would be brought out over here. So convenient.
Bourjous Shadow and Light Khol and Contour*
This is the bronze/golden version, my favourite shade combination. If I’m heading out after work then I use the darker end to add some extra definition around my eyes. I like how I have two shades in one pencil…
MAC Tendertone
I actually have both of these in my bag at the moment but have been leaning towards Hot’n’Saucy as my favourite as it adds a little bit more colour. If you can still find this in stores (they were limited edition so may have sold out) then totally recommend – love these.
Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara
I like the fat brush on this one – it’s easy to layer over any other mascara without clumping. I actually don’t use this that much on the go, but hate the thought of being without mascara – I’d feel naked!
An easy on the go touch up product to add some colour without needing a mirror to make sure it doesn’t go wrong – with added moisturising goodness.
Boots 17 Beehive Lipstick
To be honest, I probably don’t need both this and the lip butter as they are fairly similar to each other – this one is slightly less pink than the Revlon and slightly more pigmented. So this is more if I want to look like I’m actually wearing lipstick.
So there we have it my current list of beauty bits I carry in my handbag on a daily basis! Do you have go-to essentials that you need with you day to day??
Products with a * are PR samples. Others bought by me.

1. April 18, 2012 / 11:35 am

Hi there – Always interested to see somebody else’s daily essentials. Am interested to know what brush you use with your Bare Minerals foundation? love your blog, BTW.

• April 18, 2012 / 11:37 am

Hi Caroline, I use a buffing brush that came with it – but when I apply at home I use a flat top powder brush from elf or my Real Techniques buffing brush – both fab! x

• April 19, 2012 / 4:34 pm

Thank you – off to check them out now, as I’m not getting on with my current mineral foundation brush!

2. Annabelle
    April 18, 2012 / 12:54 pm

the moisture mist looks great! will definitely pick one up. x

3. April 18, 2012 / 2:19 pm

Chapstick, handcream, Nars pressed powder, Chubby Sticks in strawberry and melon, and a nail file.

4. April 18, 2012 / 3:02 pm

I just got a new bag and was wanting to carry around some essentials with me, but i did not know what to choose, this helped thanks 🙂

5. mafi
    April 18, 2012 / 8:34 pm

My favourite kind of post! 🙂 I have ner seen Daisy in this size/packaging 🙁

6. April 18, 2012 / 7:53 pm

You are absolutely right but I don’t know what it says about me as I tend to carry half a makeup counter around with me, totally impractical I know i need to downsize very soon and try to minimalist what I use to essentials.

Becky

7. Emily
    April 18, 2012 / 9:50 pm

Great post! I usually carry my GOSH powder and MAC zoom fast black lash mascara along with a few other bits and bobs. I am thinking of trying the simple moisture mist after seeing this! Definitely unsure about paying more for Fix+ xx

8. April 18, 2012 / 9:34 pm

I’ve now found two more products that I need to try out. The Simple mist and the Bourjois pencil. 😉

9. romaseba
    April 22, 2012 / 12:13 pm

The only ‘beauty essential(s)’ I have in my bag is this two in one lip gloss and roll on perfume from Next which was on sale – Like on one side there is some lip gloss and on the other side there’s a roll on perfume – it is so nice, portable and handy 😀 So glad I got it xoxo