Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

This little cleanser from Clinique has been on my ‘want to try’ list for ages – it always struck me as a bit of a secret product to me as it didn’t really seem to ever be on display on the counters or talked about all that much. But it’s a real shame as it’s a really lovely product!

The balm is solid, but when you put your fingers into it gently melts into a softer texture. The balm somewhat reminds me of Vaseline in a way, but it is totally different – it doesn’t coat skin or anything in the same way. But in the same solid-liquid way as Vaseline it reminds me of it. A small lump is enough to remove make-up from the whole face. It melts into a balm, almost oil like and literally dissolves make-up before your very eyes.

The addition of a little warm water emulsifies the cleansing balm and make-up is washed away in a milky liquid. This is a great cleanser, especially as the seasons are changing and I find my skin wants a bit more of a pampering cleanser to prevent my skin from getting dry with harsher cleansers.

I find the combo of this, followed by Bioderma – almost like a ‘toner’ type follow up. To remove any last bits of make-up that might be left on the skin. This combo leaves my skin about as clean as is possible!

Clinique available from Debenhams.com

*PR sample

1. September 18, 2012 / 8:17 am

I’m now testing this and I’m in love 🙂 It’s such an interesting product!

2. September 18, 2012 / 8:26 am

I really like the sound of it, I love the name. It seams so easy to use. I hate taking make up off but this sounds like its a walk in the park!

3. September 18, 2012 / 8:32 am

I love the packaging!

thebeautymist.blogspot.com

4. September 18, 2012 / 2:04 pm

I like this, but I find that it often leaves a cloudy substance in my eyes, has anyone else found this? It’s doesn’t sting or hurt but is irritating as it makes my vision a bit funny for a couple of minutes 🙁 it’s so nice though!

Danielle xx

missdanielle.com

5. September 18, 2012 / 4:29 pm

I’ve only just discovered what beauty balms are, and I’m sooo interested, mainly because I hate having to use several different products to take my makeup off! Maybe this is the one I try? Thanks for the review!!

Amelia xx

TheNonBrit.blogspot.com

6. September 18, 2012 / 7:30 pm

This is my favourite product from Clinique! I love how it leaves your skin silky and moisturised. x

7. September 20, 2012 / 10:16 pm

I bought this a few months back for a bargain £8 on eBay! I couldn’t afford the £20.50 price tag, but considering how much product you get, it really is huge! I totally get what you mean about jt being a secret product. In the lead up to buying it, I could hardly find jt to check it out and not a single one of my favourite blogs had mentioned it since I started reading them. I adore usibg it like a hot cloth and I love hpw wely skin has taken to it 😀 xx