GOSH Darling: lipstick love

I’m not the first to rave about this lipstick but I had to write a quick post to express my love for my latest lipstick purchase.

GOSH Velvet Touch Lipstick in ‘Darling’ is a beautiful, creamy nude lipstick that slicks on easily and leaves lips feeling soft and moisturised and almost like wearing a balm rather than a lipstick. The colour does look a little like it should be a concealer rather than a lipstick but when applied it creates a pretty nude with just a hint of pink that is really flattering.

For anyone else who is a bit of a lipstick-a-phobe, like me, nude lip colours are the perfect way to ease your way in gently. The nude is subtle enough not to draw too much attention or comment – if you feel uncomfortable about a dramatic change if your not a regular lipstick wearer. Nude lipstick great for getting used to wearing it without looking too dramatic, although as the nude lipstick look is so lovely I may never truly graduate to the dramatic lip look…

1. Luce
    September 29, 2009 / 9:10 pm

I’m really happy you like it, ironically, I blogged about this today too … hated it!

2. Rosie
    September 29, 2009 / 10:09 pm

I love it =D I need a lip liner to go with it though, but to be honest I should really use that for every lipstick.

3. September 29, 2009 / 9:12 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

4. September 29, 2009 / 9:18 pm

I am so loving nude lip colours!

I really wanted to purchase this but when I tried it on my lips, it just didn’t look right. It’s probably because I’m olive skin toned. Although, it may have looked better if a darker lipgloss was applied over it.

For olive skinned people such as myself, I recommend Mac’s Honeylove and Cherish – both nude shades. Or for a cheaper alternative, Collection 2000 volume lipstick in nude.

xx

5. September 30, 2009 / 7:05 am

@PCMP Thanks for the tips- really useful! 🙂

@Rosie Smashbox do a great neutral lip liner- goes well with all lipsticks

@Luce I think nudes are a bit of a danger ground, what suits one person will drain the other so a bit of trial and error is needed- let me know if you find one that works for you 🙂

6. September 30, 2009 / 2:15 pm

great site!!

come check out the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think

fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

7. September 30, 2009 / 8:26 pm

I love darling, so pretty.
    I use it under brighter lipsticks to tone them down and on it’s own, love it!

8. October 3, 2009 / 1:34 am

It is lovely, it’s about as pale as I can go – but it just about works thanks to the hint of pink it carries.