Happy New Year: New MAC

Happy New Year to all. My first post of 2010 is a fascinating one…. an empty MAC pro palette. Yep, that’s right – empty. I’ve mentioned before on this blog that I’m not a die-hard MAC lover, but through reading various other blogs I have started to slowly, slowly, build the number of MAC bits I own as some of them really are must-haves.

In general though, I’m not too fussed about keeping up with all the collections (although the Warm and Cosy collection was a slight exception, there was ONE thing from there that I really really wanted) or spending huge chunks of my salary on the brand (I’m a bit of a brand-hussy, I don’t like to limit myself to just one). But I have been convinced that the eye shadows are really good quality, with pretty much any colour imaginable available, so I decided to buy myself an empty palette and gradually over the next few months get new eye shadows to add and will do a new post on each one – till eventually it is full.

I have a couple of colours in mind, but if you have any suggestions for must-have MAC shadow colours then please let me know in a comment!

1. TalluluhBella
    January 1, 2010 / 3:11 pm

Must have’s for me from the permanent line are: Satin Taupe, Shroom, Woodwinked and Mulch.

Can’t wait to see you build it up 🙂

2. January 1, 2010 / 3:25 pm

shroom is a really nice highlight colour (light creamy beige with slight shimmer) and charcoal brown is great for brows and crease. i also love beauty marked, a glittery purple / black, for lining.

Amina

3. January 1, 2010 / 5:56 pm

Looking for great neutrals I suggest Vanilla, Shroom, Era, Espresso, Satin Taupe, Honesty, Bronze and my favorite never fail goto colors are Naked Lunch with Twinks in the crease and at the lash line.

If you want colors I suggest Sumptuous Olive, Sketch, Amber Lights, Woodwinked, Retrospeck, Nocturnelle and the smokey colors like Knight Divine, Carbon or Black Tied.

I also suggest popping out the plastic tray in the palette and you cant fit 6 more shadows in there.

4. January 1, 2010 / 9:45 pm

I love MAC shadows. I have seven pallettes, almost all full.

My faves are Humid, Phloof!, Silver Ring and Carbon.

Happy New Year, looking forward to seeing what you fill this with.

5. scarlettholly
    January 2, 2010 / 4:51 pm

I have 3 palettes from MAC and love their shadows. Ones I come back to again and again are:

shroom, ricepaper, satin taupe, smut, all that glitters, bronze, woodwinked, smoke and diamonds, carbon, and knight divine. there are some great bright colors like cranberry, expensive pink, aquadisiac, deep truth.

6. January 4, 2010 / 10:10 am

Thank you all for the fantastic suggestions. I’m torn between getting Shroom or Phloof! as the first shadow for the palette.

At the moment I have individual shadows of Satin Taupe (LOVE this) and Naked Lunch.

Looks from the suggestions that there are some that are universally reccomended, so these will definately be top of the list 🙂

Keep the suggestions coming!

7. January 4, 2010 / 10:10 am

I used the word suggestions far too many times in that reply. Sorry!

8. Gemma
    January 5, 2010 / 8:15 am

If you like the finish of Satin Taupe and Naked Lunch you’ll probably like shades like Woodwinked, All That Glitters, Mulch. The veluxe pearls are my favourite texture ever.

9. January 5, 2010 / 12:00 pm

@Gemma – That’s a good call. I do find myself naturally drawn towards the veluxe pearls when I’m browsing, so thanks for the reccomendations. Woodwinked and All That Glitters are definately on my list…

10. Lil
    January 7, 2010 / 10:59 am

I love Shroom as a highlight, All that Glitters, Woodwinked and Naked Lunch. Those are all must haves for me. I also love Goldmine for a bit of glitz!