Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Collection

Bobbi Brown is one of my favourite brands, because I can basically guarantee that whatever they release in a new collection – there will be something I love in there. The Desert Twilight collection is a perfect example… a neutral lovers dream, the palette is STUNNING. And not just the shades, the sleek packaging, the big mirror. Everything about it makes me very happy.
IMG_8352 IMG_8356 IMG_8366 IMG_8368 IMG_8370 IMG_8373
The shades aren’t hugely pigmented, but enough for buildable colour – the bottom row faring a little better than the top row in terms of pigmentation. The creamy shade on the top left was the one that I found hardest to get any pay-off from, but that could partly be down to how pale my skin is too. These are lovely day time shades that can be built up for night or add a bit of one of the sparkle shades for an added bit of glitz.
The Brightening Lip Gloss in ‘Pink’ (a pale icy pink) is lovely in terms of texture and shade wise would work well to add a bit of a pearly finish to your favourite lipstick. Alone it does tend to look a little pale on me, but my lips aren’t overly pigmented – so if you’re lucky enough to have a pinkier pout than mine then give this a go! It has some pinky pearly bits that look lovely when they catch the light – and deliver the brightening effect in the product name.
From the collection I have to say the palette is the absolute stand-out for me. I adore it, with my personal favourite shades being the two on the bottom left – the ashy brown (could also be used to fill in brows) and the slightly peachy-nude shimmer.
I have a gorgeous shimmery brown glitter shadow to show you from Bobbi Brown very soon too – so keep an eye out!
Palette (LE) and Lipgloss are both available from www.bobbibrown.co.uk (£48)

PR samples.

1. Yinka
    September 30, 2012 / 11:44 am

The swatches aren’t the greatest, are they? I expected far more pigment in the shades given the price of the palette.

• September 30, 2012 / 12:15 pm

No, they’re very sheer shades – I tried a few different swatches of layers of colour but decided to go with these photos that are just one swatch to show the true colour pay off on one use. They do build but the palest shades especially are so sheer.

2. September 30, 2012 / 12:08 pm

Love the look of the palette! Such pretty colours!

3. September 30, 2012 / 4:53 pm

I’m glad I read this and saw your swatches, because I have been in love with this palette since it was released. Maybe I need to reconsider, as it really doesn’t look that pigmented on your skin! But at least you said they were buildable. I will probably still go and try this at a counter, but it was nice to finally see a review of this, thanks!

• September 30, 2012 / 5:21 pm

Definitely check it out, the matte shades are easier to build than the glitter ones. Let me know what you think if you have a play on a counter!

4. September 30, 2012 / 6:05 pm

The same as previous comments, I have another bobbi brown palette which I adore so when I saw this I got quite excited, now having seen your swatches, I am less impressed. Might wait for the next one! Thanks for posting x

Holly’s Beauty Review

5. Vicki
    October 1, 2012 / 8:02 pm

This is a really pretty palette. I swatched this in Selfridges and so almost bought it. I am still tempted to go back. I am just seeing if I have anything in my collection thats similar.

6. Sami
    October 4, 2012 / 9:33 pm

What a beautiful palette! Bobbi Brown always gets it right

7. October 5, 2012 / 8:01 am

It’s a shame they don’t come out very well on the skin because they look so pretty in the palette. But I have heard before that Bobbi Brown aren’t great for their shimmery eye-shadows.

thestoriesofanenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk