Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation

Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Make-up is really something completely different for the foundation/base market – I’m not going to attempt to describe it in technical detail, but basically this base is pure pigment suspended in an oil. But not an oil to be scared of – the last thing this feels is oily.
Texture wise it really is unlike anything I have tried before – a small drop on the hand and you can already feel it’s unusual, it’s far more liquid than the average foundation or base. The real magic happens when it’s buffed in – it literally feels like it disappears  yet leaves just enough coverage on the skin to even out and leave it looking more flawless.
So on first use, I felt genuinely blown away – I adored the finish, the feeling and the coverage. I had hugely high hopes that this was it, this was the ultimate foundation for me – no looking back, I had found the one.
But it wasn’t quite that simple – when I started to profess my love on twitter, a couple of blogger-friends commented how they had felt the same but then found that as the day went on, any tiny dry patches tended to become far more obvious as the foundation would cling to them. As I have quite dehydrated skin I was a little wary of this but wanted to give it the benefit of he doubt, but on a quick trip to the loos at work to check the state of my face I found that around my eyes and on my nose dry areas were showing up and it was looking a little patchy in these areas.
I didn’t want to give up though, as I said how much I adored the finish and feeling – so I gave it a few more days of use, making sure I *really* moisturised and *really* exfoliated before using – but I did still find that this clings to some dry patches. So to be honest, this does make me a little sad as it’s an otherwise AMAZING new make-up product.
It doesn’t mean I’m completely ruling it out at all, I’ll just need to prep fully and perhaps only use in areas I need and avoid around my eyes where dehydration tends to show the worst on me. Because I really, really, do love the finish and everything else overall. If you have oily skin though this could be a whole different story – I’d love to hear how you have gotten on with this if you do have oily skin, or even if you didn’t but found something different.
Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation is available from Selfridges £36

PR sample.

1. October 18, 2012 / 7:32 am

I want this soooo bad; I have oily skin so it might work better for me. I’m so close to hitting the buy button! xx

2. October 18, 2012 / 10:08 am

Wow, this sounds really intruiging! Sadly I suffer from dry patches as well so I don’t think it’s for me but I’d still like to play with it.

3. October 18, 2012 / 11:54 am

Ahhh – I am glad I read this review as I saw you mention it and I wanted it, but having read that, I don’t think I will bother, as I am sure it would do that to my face, and when there are foundations that don’t do that, it’s not worth it for me to get one that isn’t 100%.

That’s a bit of a shame though 🙁

4. Alice at SuperGorgeous
    October 18, 2012 / 1:10 pm

I have oily skin, but also dry patches – damn it! Might have to see if I can get a tester sample in store though, you’ve made me very intrigued by the texture and finish! What kind of coverage is it? x

5. October 18, 2012 / 12:13 pm

Such a good review! Sounds an interesting product, and we’d like to give it a try. The price is not too steep neither. What shades does it come in?

6. October 18, 2012 / 2:36 pm

I keep hearing about this foundation and I want to try it so badly! It sounds like such an interesting product.

I have very combination skin so I’m not sure how it would work on my skin but I still want to try it out.

just-another-day1.blogspot.ca

7. Anonymous
    October 18, 2012 / 2:38 pm

Actually that is really interesting because I bought this on Tuesday and I am prone to dryness on the skin of my chin on either side of my mouth. However I have been feeling good that so far this year I have not had the dry skin there – but what do you know I noticed yesterday that this had reappeared having tried on Maestro the day before… could be a coincidence.

I have bought Maestro, so will try it of course, will perhaps update you if the dry patches reappear as they are not present today. I was attributing them to the change in weather.

Sorry to ramble – Sarah @scotdownsouth

8. Anonymous
    October 18, 2012 / 5:05 pm

I wish you put some picture’s with this review, but i love your writing ;]
    X Christa

• October 19, 2012 / 6:49 am

I’ll try and take some more pics and add to the post at the weekend so you can see the liquid better 🙂

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2012 / 8:06 am

Christa

9. October 18, 2012 / 8:57 pm

Aww, doesn’t it suck when you love a product so much but it just refuses to work?? I guess all the faff is worth it if the finish is that great! xx

ferdies-place.blogspot.com

10. October 18, 2012 / 8:58 pm

11. Nina
    October 21, 2012 / 1:59 pm

Hi! I just “discovered” your blog and love it! I am curious as to what color you are in the Maestro foundation as it appears we have similar coloring. Although it is supposed to color-adapt somewhat, I am having difficulty settling on the correct color. I have been combining the samples of 3 and 5. (4 is too yellow) I’d love to hear your thoughts regarding the color choices. Thank you!