MAC Paint Pot in ‘Groundwork’

This week’s swatch Sunday post is one of the classic products from MAC… their Paint Pot in ‘Groundwork’. Groundwork is a creamy, mid toned brown shade – with no shimmer. It can be used as a colour on it’s own or as an eyeshadow base. I was introduced to this shade at the MAC Bafta event where it was used as an eye colour to contour the eye area and add natural looking definition.

I have a couple of other MAC Paint Pots in my collection and normally opt for shades with a bit of a shimmer in them so this is a nice basic addition. It’s really pigmented and sets so well – lasting all day. The mid toned brown shade is pretty universally flattering – although will be a more subtle look on darker skin tones.

I like to use this for a base with other brown/neutral shadows as an every day look. What do you use Paint Pots for?

PR sample.

1. July 22, 2012 / 11:26 am

I use Soft Ochre as both a shadow primer and under eye concealer.

2. Vicki
    July 22, 2012 / 2:00 pm

I use mine as an all over the lid eyeshadow. I only have one in Bare Study. Is a really subtle colour for times you dont want to wear alot of makeup. I like it but for the price i dont wear it as often as i should. I need to remember i have it more

3. July 22, 2012 / 1:13 pm

I love Paint Pots I use them everyday! I’ve heard people complaining that they dry out but I’ve never had that happen to any of mine they’re probably not putting the top on properly x

4. July 22, 2012 / 5:01 pm

it is gorgeous 🙂

charlottelucie.blogspot.co.uk

5. July 23, 2012 / 6:30 am

I love paint pots! Blackground is probably my favorite, its great for doing a smokey eye. This looks lovely though might have to try this one out next time : )

staring-at-paperfaces.blogspot.co.uk

6. July 23, 2012 / 6:15 pm

I use Painterly as a base. Indianwood as an all over colour with a tightline of Rich Grounds fluid liner when I’m being lazy.

7. DianaLuv
    July 24, 2012 / 4:12 am

I have been wanting to get my hands on a paint pot. I bought the 24 hr color tattoos and I hate them because they are so difficult to blend. I have played with these at the mac counter and they seem a lot creamier. Anyways.. just letting you know I’m a new follower via GFC

stop by my beauty blog when you get a chance!

xo,
    dianaluv.blogspot.com

8. October 28, 2012 / 5:38 am

I love this paint pot! I tend to use them as eyeshadows. They stay on so much better than actual eye shadows! They work really well as a base too, colors and pigments stick to it nicely.

9. November 28, 2012 / 4:00 am

Hello hun, nice blog.
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know what you think.
    toothfairygardy.blogspot.gr