The Benefit Face

Next up in my series of ‘one brand face’ posts (see the Bobbi Brown one HERE) I bring you a full face of Benefit make-up. Interestingly this was one that I knew would be a bit of a challenge to do – especially on the blusher front – as I wasn’t sure which would be the ultimate choice as there’s quite a few loved ones in there.  But here’s  run down of all the products I used to create a full face featuring only Benefit…

benefit face

IMG_1977IMG_1956
IMG_1965

I started off with a combo of base/primer products – using PORE-fessional* on my cheeks and Stay Flawless* on the T-Zone for staying power. The I used a buffing brush to apply Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation* all over. I didn’t bother with any powder for this one to keep things naturally glowing rather than leaning towards the matte side. I then added some Fake Up* under the eyes to conceal any dark circles – love this for hydrating under eye concealing.

For the cheeks it was a tough choice… so many blush boxes that I love from Benefit! I was leaning towards my all time favourite of Coralista*, but then decided to go with Hervana* for a natural pinky flush. I had forgotten how gorgeous this shade is, so glad I decided to reach for this instead! But decided to combine this with a sweep of Fine One One* for a creamy glow. I really like the overall colour combination that these two create.

On the eyes, I went for just a smudge of Bad Gal liner on the waterline and lashings of They’re Real mascara* to add a bit of definition and lash drama. Other than the liner I left the lid bare – though this is pretty much how I’ve been wearing my make-up so happy to skip the shadow step.

I did do a little cheat on the brows as I don’t have any brow products from benefit, so I just used a touch of Dallas in the brows for more definition. Definitely not the best colour match for me – but I wanted to improvise!

Finally on the lips I used a touch of Posie Tint*, I love this shade for a lip stain – pink and creamy, it perks up my natural lip colour without looking like I’m actually wearing anything. Oh, and it lasts really well! I added a touch of Coralista gloss* over the top (second photo) – it creates a really nice pinky coral combo. The Benefit glosses are really nice to wear, light and creamy, gorgeous colours and not sticky at all.

In terms of my top picks from Benefit – my top three product picks would be:

– Fake Up Concealer: A total winner if you have dehydrated skin under eye areas but want a bit of concealing
– Coralista: My all time favourite blush, the one I always come back to if I can’t decide which to wear
– Stay Flawless Primer: A new one, but I love this as a primer. Really helps make foundation stick and not budge all day. A life saver over the heatwave!

Benefit available from Debenhams and Benefit.co.ukicon

*Indicates PR sample. Others bought by me.

1. July 31, 2013 / 8:48 am

I love Benefit as well and have all of the products mentioned apart from Fake-up xx

Beautyqueenuk

2. July 31, 2013 / 8:13 am

Just treated myself to the cabana glama palette and a new tube of you rebel. I love benefit’s blushes/bronzers but am thoroughly undecided on a lot of other products.

3. Dannielle
    July 31, 2013 / 9:53 am

I love Benefit, I could quite happily have an all Benefit face 🙂 xx

D Is For…

4. Vicky ♡
    July 31, 2013 / 9:58 am

I recently bought the Stay Flawless primer and I just can’t get it to work for me. I’ve found that it works better with the Benefit Hello Flawless foundation and using my fingers. It still sort of separates on my face though and looks mottled if that makes sense. If you have tips for using it, please let me know 🙂

Vicky xo

describethesky.blogspot.co.uk

5. July 31, 2013 / 9:25 am

I’ve never tried anything from benefit but I would love it, your makeup looks lovely! 🙂 x

6. Victoria Eales
    July 31, 2013 / 10:56 am

A few items from my Benefit wishlist in this post, one of which is the concealor. Looks like I know what’s on my shopping list next pay day.

Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

7. July 31, 2013 / 12:07 pm

I love the look of your necklace, lovely colour! I cant wait for the new Benefit box blush to come out x

8. July 31, 2013 / 1:32 pm

This is a really cool idea for a series, I’ve been thinking about doing something like this for a while! I really love benefit products, but I tend to hit a dead end when it comes to foundation, I don’t rate theirs all too much because I tend to find them quite orange on my skin 🙁 no complaints about any of their other products though!
    Eleanor x

9. Susan C.
    August 1, 2013 / 7:04 am

With a more yellow undertone, I wish Benefit products worked better with my skintype.

Great blog post!

Susan Loves…

10. August 2, 2013 / 2:24 pm

The packaging of all these products are so cute!!
    There are some great products here, great overall look 🙂

11. August 3, 2013 / 3:32 am

Coralista is my all time favorite box blush!! Really thinking about trying out hervana now, it looks gorgeous. Gotta love benefit!!!!

karlynrae.blogspot.com

12. August 3, 2013 / 3:33 am

Coralista is my all time favorite Box blush! Really considering trying out hervana now it looks gorgeous. Gotta love benefit!!!!
    Karlyn (:

karlynrae.blogspot.com

13. August 4, 2013 / 2:18 pm

I’ve heard mixed reviews on the Fake Up concealer, would you say you had any kind of settling or does the moisturisung formula keep lines away all day? Love the idea for full face using one brand 🙂 x