Is it just me or did Autumn decide to just wade on in and take over this week? I was lucky enough to spend a few days in lovely South Wales last weekend and at the start of the week, and believe it or not – the weather there was rather lovely. Sunny, warm-ish and generally nice. I come back to London to find torrential downpours and lots of red leaves wafting about the streets as a sign that indeed, Autumn is here.
It’s not the worst news in the world though as fashion and beauty wise, the end of Summer is probably my favourite time – I can wear jeans and boots and a light jacket and not be too hot or too cold. Skin usually has a bit of a glow to it as the full on winter pale hasn’t set in yet, so colours from pretty corals to deeper berry shades can all be worn from one day to the next. Plus all the new Autumn clothes are in the shops – snuggly jumpers, nice coats, yet more ankle boots (I have a weakness)…so with those in mind, this is what’s been on my wish list this week!
1. Karen Millen Coat – Not a cheap coat, but definitely a classic. I like grey, alot – and this is ideal. It can be worn in a few different ways too – lapels open, folded neatly or zipped right up to the neck. This is definitely my most wanted for Autumn right now – a good coat is an investment after all!
2. River Island Aggy Boots – Yes, ankle boots are one of my major wardrobe weaknesses (stripes and grey slouchy tops being the others) and I do have a tendency to ‘stock up’ at the start of Autumn, usually leaning towards tan or brown shades. But this year I’m thinking that black is the way forward – I like these as they’re a reasonable price (£38) have a heel that I would be happy in all day and are a style that’s as easy to wear with dresses as jeans. Definitely on the wish list.
3. Mango Floral Jumper – I saw this on one of my regular ASOS browsing sessions and immediately placed it in my shopping basket – it’s now languishing in my saved for later list as I have quite an expensive month ahead so it needs to wait until payday (along with the boots and coat…) but I love how this is a boyish/girly cross over – boyish style jumper, girly pattern. Looks comfy but not too slobby.
4. BEAUTANNIA Cambridge Candle – I had a sniff of this earlier this week in SpaceNK and absolutely loved the fragrance. It’s a really earthy one -the website description really sums it up: ‘Explore the halls of majestic colleges and libraries, taking in the rich blend of dry woods and dusty leather-bound first editions. Warm undertones of frankincense, myrrh and black musk create a studied elegance freshened with pomegranate leaf and spiced with ginger and nutmeg’. Seriously, how amazing does it sound, let alone smell?! It’s very much an Autumn fragrance that immediately had me wanting to grab the nearest blanket and snuggle up for a movie night. Plus the fact that Cambridge is a soft spot for me as I grew up near there and love it as a city.
5. Living Proof Full Discovery Kit – The reason I was in SpaceNK in the first place was to explore the Living Proof range, the one fronted by the goddess of hair herself – Jennifer Aniston. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the range so wanted to check it out in person – I didn’t decide to buy straight away but I do like the idea of trying one of the discovery kits and using a few products in tester sizes before committing to a full bottle. Have you tried anything from Living Proof? What are your thoughts…would you recommend?
6. BooHoo Heidi Dress – This dress is the perfect example of when I buy something I like that’s a fairly simple, easy to wear piece and end up deciding to buy it in every colour available. So far I already own the lilac and the black…coral and blue are next on the list! At £15 each it’s hard to resist such an easy to wear dress – it’s one of those ‘if in doubt, throw on a t-shirt dress’ type of items, very valuable to someone like me who doesn’t tend to plan outfits ahead and is more likely to be found in a pile of options having a panic first thing in the morning.
That’s my wish list this week – what’s on yours?!