Oribe Dry Texturising Spray

So this Oribe Dry Texturising hairspray has built itself somewhat of a reputation among beauty bloggers over the past few months. With its bed-head, matte-texture giving ability – it’s basically become a flat-haired girls dream. But the major question being – is this spray with the money?

At a not-to-be-sniffed-at £38 for the large size, there’s no denying that this is a premium product. And one you need to know works before you hand over the cash. Even the purse size bottle is £18, so whilst that seems like a bargain compared to the full size, it’s a lot compared to your standard high street hair spray.

oribe dry texturising spray

Is it worth the money then? Well, it’s a great product – there’s no denying that. It delivers matte texture and natural volume that has oomph but not ‘eugh’ factor – so your hair doesn’t feel grubby with this in. So major plus points there. Also, I’ve found the tubes last ages – as only a small amount of product is needed to see a result (you can pile it on if you want more dramatic volume of course).

As I have quite fine hair and find that when freshly washes it can feel a bit *too* silky – if that makes sense. It lacks hold – and this gives it hold. So love it on that front.

But as I said, there’s no denying it’s expensive. A great product and as much as I like it, I’m not sure I would want to pay nearly £40 to replace when it runs out. Somehow the £18 smaller size does seem far more reasonable… Yes, half the price and half the size… But £18 is more easy to stomach for a hairspray?!

What do you think – tempted by the raves or just no way you would splash out on this hair styling treat?!

Available from Space NK (£18-38)

PR sample

1. November 6, 2013 / 11:04 am

I have the small bottle of this – it’s actually only 75ml so works out more expensive. I love the effect but just doesn’t last long enough for me. So at that price I definitely won’t be repurchasing.

2. November 6, 2013 / 11:48 am

I did purchase the small size and while I love that it doesn’t leave white residue and gives my clean fluffy hair a sexier, more lived-in look for styling, I can’t help but feel Batiste does pretty much the same thing! Aside from the whiteness. But for the price difference, I wouldn’t recommend that unless you feel perfectly happy dropping that kind of money on one product.

I also pickednup Oribe Maximista at the same time which I was also disappointed with, so that was an unfortunate way to spend £43!

3. November 6, 2013 / 4:17 pm

I’m super tempted by this, anything that will help my fine hair on the volume front sounds good to me! xo

4. November 6, 2013 / 5:30 pm

I’ve been really really tempted by this, especially since I have just chopped several inches off my hair so it might actually work now my hair isn’t so heavy, but no matter how many times I add it to my basket I just cannot buy it. When I think of how many other things I could get for that money I say no. I am however considering purchasing the Bumble and Bumble similar product, as thats a bit more purse friendly! xx

5. November 6, 2013 / 8:03 pm

I’m desperate to try this! Don’t think my tight student budget will allow me to though, it’s not too early to start my Christmas list right?! haha xx

6. November 6, 2013 / 10:35 pm

that’s so expensive, but honestly might be worth it just to see results! I’ve spend ridiculous amounts on dry texture sprays so better to spend on one than waste on 5 that don’t work amirite?

7. November 7, 2013 / 5:18 pm

I don’t think I would pay so much for a hairspray…for a hair serum or oil, yes. Not for something to give my hair a simple hold though.