Sorry to interrupt the normal totally beauty-related proceedings with something a bit different today. But the 18th Feb marks the official fifth anniversary of the date I first put my beauty musings out there into the world wide web. Yes, it’s five whole years since I started A beauty junkie in London – a whole half a decade. How mad is that?! I thought to mark the occasion I’d do a few ‘five’ lists, to get all nostalgic and look back a bit so keep an eye out for those popping up over the next week or so!
But before I take myself on a little trip down memory lane, I wanted to get a little bit personal for a moment…so just indulge me for second (then you can go on to
read laugh at my old posts – seriously, they’re awful. Don’t even get me started on the images – some of which are still missing thanks to a major technical error in early 2013). But back to the personal moment – I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who comes here to read my blog. If you’re a long term reader, a new one or even just stopping by from Google and have no clue who I am or whatever. I appreciate every singe one of you more than I can probably put in to words.
2014 is a big year for my blog as I have taken the step to go full time with it – something I have dreamed about pretty much since those early days when I first fell in love with blogging. I never in my dreaming thought I’d actually be able to make it happen – but thanks to a number of things pushing and pulling me in various directions I made the decision that if I didn’t give it a go, I would regret it forever. So here I am! There’s no denying that being able to do something you have always done as a hobby, as a job is an absolute dream. But it has taken an awful lot of time and effort to get to this stage. I’ve posted almost daily for the past five years, blogging through times when I just didn’t feel as enamoured with it and constantly juggling it all with a full time job. I will never take for granted the amount of work that has to go into a blog to maintain it, especially when you work a full time job along side it – to be able to just focus on the blog and freelance work feels like a dream come true and without anyone reading my ramblings I wouldn’t be able to be doing this – so thank you.
Without a doubt, starting my blog was the best thing I’ve done in my life – and it’s changed it more than I even thought possible! I’ve had experiences over the past five years that have left me pinching myself on a regular basis. Hopefully in 2014 I’ll be able to take the blog from strength to strength and for everyone who keeps reading – I hope to take you with me!
Again, I can’t say it enough – thank you for all the support and reading.
Taking it back from the personal moment, to my lists of five, to kick things of, here’s a little run down of my five most memorable posts (and why they’re memorable).
Five Most Memorable Posts:
1. My ‘Starter for 10‘ post that was the first thing on my blog. I kicked things off with a ‘top 10’ products I was loving at the time. I can still remember a few of them without checking the post for a prompt (St Tropez Mousse and Garnier Fructis hair spray and mousse…) and now five years on I still always return to the St Tropez.
2. Reviewing E.L.F when the Studio Range first launched in August 2009. Going especially mad for the warm bronzer but feeling a bit mixed about other purchases.
3. Urban Decay Naked – when the first palette in 2010, this was the first time I googled something and was shocked to find my face pop up on the image page!
4. The Nivea Blue Boat in 2011- this was the first time my little blog took me abroad, and what a trip it was! Watching Rihanna perform from just a couple of rows back, spending the night on a cruise ship. An amazing experience and very memorable.
5. London Fashion Week with MAC in 2011 – this was the first time I attended Fashion Week and that was quite memorable on it’s own. But throw in a masterclass lesson with the amazing Terry Barber and MAC and this was definitely up there in the most memorable posts list!