It’s Friday, which means it’s the first day of the weekend I suspect a few out there may be planning a drink or two this evening. So figured this would be good timing to do a little post about pre-party skin prep. In my opinion the pre-prep is just as, if not more important than what you can do on the night. If your skin is at all dry or dehydrated before then it will inevitably suffer more post-party – but a little bit of simple prep will hopefully mean that not only will your skin be primed and ready for all the lovely make-up you want to wear, but also fare better morning after…
First up, let me just say that this doesn’t have too be a long winded routine – I know everyone is pretty time-poor at this time of year and you don’t necessarily have the time to cleanse tone polish mask moisturise oil treatment etc… but this is basically the following steps the night before the day of the party:
1. Creamy cleanser to remove any left over make-up – I’ve been loving the cleanser from Sk:n (more on these guys soon)
2. Exfoliating cleanser to remove any dead skin – The Ibuki Purifying cleanser leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean.
3. Hydrating moisture mask – The ultimate in prep – hydrate before you dehydrate! This SuperFacialist by Una Brennan one also has a bit of an extra exfoliating boost too.
4. Eye Cream – This part is unskipable in my opinion, for me the eyes are always the first place to show the signs of a late night. Hydrating them is the best way to hide the guilt…
5. Moisturise – moisturise, moisturise, moisturise.. if you’re anything like me then you might lean towards a heavier foundation that normal for a night out and this can add to the dehydrating effects of drinks and salty food. So get a good moisturiser (maybe pop a serum in there too) and slather it on!
6. Night Oil – Ok, so I’ve left it a bit late for this as it’s more of a night before – but if you’re heading out on Saturday instead, give yourself a pamper tonight and add some oil. Your skin will love you for it.
And there we have it, party-prepped, hydrated and exfoliated skin. About as ready as it can be for an onslaught of booze, late nights and party food…. Happy weekend all!