Nails Inc Latex Effect Nail Polish

How gorgeous are these colours?! I don’t know if it’s just me, or the combination or what – but I absolutely love this trio of shades. These are the new Nails Inc Latex Effect Nail Polish shades – and by latex they basically mean matte with a slight sheen to them. The three shades shown here are Bermondsey Street (blue), Camden Passage (grey) and Shoreditch High Street (pink).

nails inc latex effect.jpg IMG_9796IMG_0289 IMG_0293

In terms of application, they aren’t quite the smoothest – which I think goes down to them drying quickly as most mattes do. Which can make second coats a little bit uneven to apply. The trick with these I’ve found is to actually apply fewer thicker coats than many thin ones. The swatches above show two coats of each shade, with one thin, followed by a slightly thicker one.

As for wear – as with most matte finish polishes, they do tend to chip quicker than glossy ones. I applied Bermondsey Street blue (which is partly blue, partly turquoise-ish to me) and it did chip a little the following day. But again, that’s probably a combination of the matte finish and the need for a thicker coat.

But, all in all – I adore these colours. I do have a bit of a weakness of applying a glossy top coat to matte shades…which somewhat defeats the point of the finish. But I like that it means I can get two looks from one polish – matte or glossy, depending how I feel. I do absolutely adore the colour of these (and the fact that they have matching shade lids – that have a latex feeling to them.

The fourth colour in the range is a peachy/baby pink shade called Portobello Road. These three are definitely my favourites – especially the grey and the blue.

Nails Inc Latex Effect Nail Polish * is available from ASOS (£12)

1. June 5, 2014 / 9:59 pm

These colours look great although I’m sure I have some similar already in my collection! The latex does interest me though! Might go give them a test!!

Amelia Holly

2. June 5, 2014 / 10:17 pm

love the colours but just never been a fan of nails inc so wouldnt buy . great photos !

• Jen
      Author
      June 6, 2014 / 12:04 am

The colours are really pretty! Out of curiosity – how come never been a fan of Nails Inc?

3. Nishat
    June 5, 2014 / 10:33 pm

This looks beautiful! I love the colours of these nail polishes.When I first saw the word “Latex” I was quite confused lol but then realised what they meant in the sense of nail polish and TBH I didn’t really see the “Latexy” in this texture nonetheless it still looks quite good. Nice Review.

• Jen
      Author
      June 6, 2014 / 12:05 am

Thanks, I guess they wanted an alternative for matte – have seen so many different polishes that essentially have same texture under different fancy names over past year or so!

4. June 6, 2014 / 12:22 am

These are so amazing, the blue one ahhh, so amazing!

5. June 6, 2014 / 8:29 am

I’ve never heard of latex effect in nail polishes they look fantastic!!
    xo Holly xo

HollyDolly.

6. June 7, 2014 / 11:08 am

I’ve never heard of this style of nail varnish before, but I really love the look of them! Must have a look into getting some!

7. June 8, 2014 / 11:14 pm

Can’t say latex is a nail effect I’ve really thought of, let alone really wanted. They are very pretty shades, but I’m still not entirely sold of the finish!

Belle ♥