I’m certainly not going to go all British and start complaining about the weather – but the recent rain and somewhat cooling down has got me thinking about the new season and switching up the old wardrobe. I constantly dream of having a simplistic capsule wardrobe that I could reach into and select just a piece or two and it would all coordinate. Largely focussing on black, white and grey with some soft colours in there to add a bit of difference. So that’s what I’ve been thinking for this wish list – the idea of really cutting back on the volume in my wardrobe, switching out quantity for quality. Anyone else have minimalist wardrobe dreams?!
1. Blue Chambray Shirt (£30) – I spotted this in store when I was in Westfield the other day, it immediately caught my eye as one of those classic staple pieces that goes with so much and can look smart or casual – depending how worn. With jeans or printed trouser, with shorts on Indian Summer days, or with the printed skirt in this post… so many options. This is an essential for me.
2. Zoe Karssen New York T Shirt (£40) – I’m having a bit of a Zoe Karssen moment, with a few items constantly sitting in my inbox just waiting to be purchased. This is one of them – it just looks so soft and comfortable, with the printed writing to make it that bit cooler than just a grey t-shirt.
3. Floral Skater Dress (£25) – Another spotted it, immediately wanted it. I love a simple jersey skater dress. Comfortable and easy to wear – but can also look smart enough for work meetings or paired with heels or a jacket. This floral print looks like one of those ones that manages to be classic and modern at the same time. Plus, only £25?! Bargain.
4. Grey Aroma Boots (£80) – I’ve got a whole load of tan or black ankle boots – but not really any in grey. Which as it’s my favourite colour to wear, just doesn’t make sense. Sure, the heel is a bit high – but I do love these. Such a gorgeous colour and love the strap details and mix of leather and suede – all make them look a bit interesting.
5. Aztec Print Skirt (£35) – A monochrome Aztec print skirt is an ideal way to switch from Summer to Autumn. Aztec prints are quite a Summer feeling print, but then the monochrome tones it down a bit for cooling days Plus, paired with simple shades the print adds a bit more interest. Definite must have for me.
6.Matte Nails in Affirm (£6) – I never thought I would love matte nails, but when you always have the option to pop a glossy coat over the top of them, I just go on shade and then always have the option between matte and gloss. This shade Affirm is a soft Baby Blue, and they also have a pretty lilac called ‘Confess’. I do love a muted pastel…
Now, let’s hope for a glorious Indian Summer before we really need to start upping the layers and switching sandals for boots…