So Christmas is approaching thick and fast. Which means gift guides are everywhere, and whilst I’m about 99% sure I’m not going to do my own little gift guide – that doesn’t mean I wont have a little ramble about some of the lovely stuff on my own wish list from Santa (or husband…) this year. Starting with this one, which is pretty opportune timing as it’s just ahead of the whole ‘black Friday’ sales, that we seem to have adopted in the UK (traditionally it’s been the sales post-Thanksgiving to get all those full-of-Turkey people off their sofa and back to stores). Well, now that last Friday in November will also be known as a crazy shopping day ahead for us Brits too. So I’m thinking of making a purchase that I’ve been contemplating for a few months that’s on this list myself… plus a few others that the boy might find handy for Christmas ideas. What about you – how’s your ever-growing wish list looking??
1. I don’t think there’s been a Christmas in years where Jo Malone hasn’t featured in some way on my wish list. This year it’s ALL about the candles for me and I am obsessing over the Cherry and Cherry and Clove Christmas Candle.
2. The ‘big’ item on my list this year is an iPad mini. This has been lingering on my wish list for some time, but I keep holding off because I have a full size iPad (the second version) but the time has come for me to sell on the normal iPad and downsize to a more handbag friendly one. I think I want the white/gold combo – but can’t decide between wifi only or with cellular data… decisions decisions.
3. Roberts Digital Radio – I never thought I’d want a radio again, assuming Spotify and iTunes would be all my music needs covered. But since we got Monty we have used a radio to give her a bit of noise at times when I need to pop out. Then I tend to leave it on whilst I work. So I think it’s worth investing in a decent one over the budget one we got originally. I can’t resist the vintage style Roberts one – in duck egg blue ideally.
4. I’ve been browsing Pinterest for lots of interiors inspiration lately and my obsession for metallic touches is a bit of a theme. This copper lamp is one I spotted in a window of John Lewis recently and keeps popping back into my head. I love it – even though it’s very different to my usual style?! Still.. love it. Perhaps with a lighter lampshade.
5. I really want some over the knee boots and these look like a nice alternative to safe black. I am a sucker for slouchy suede boots and this made me do the heart emoji as soon as I spotted them on the Topshop website.
6. Again on the redecorating front, currently on my radar is a new rug for the living room. We were given a fab rug for our wedding from my brother in law but size wise it fits best in the spare room so we want to get something similar for the living room. This is one of a shortlist I’m considering… as I like that is has a design, but isn’t too ‘in your face’ so not likely to buy then get bored.