Second instalment of 2015’s incoming… a few bits and bobs that have come into my life this week. Some are brand new launches, others are ones that I’m particularly interested in. A little run down below… let me know if anything tickles your fancy to read about asap and will get on the old reviewing train! First things first… at least I got the year right for this week’s post… did you spot the error last time!? Oops…!
1. Bobbi Brown New Brightening Brick* – I have four of the six shades of these new brightening bricks to try out. The one shown here is Tawny which on first impressions is the one I’m leaning towards the most. Each of these have six shades of powder that vary between soft shimmer and super sparkly. At £34 a pop they’re not a cheap way to get a bit of glow but they are designed to be a combination of the warmth of a bronzer, glow of a highlighter and colour of a blush… so you could call it a three in one!? Will review these separately soon.
2. Clinique Hello Cheekbones Range* – A combination of products all designed to make that oh-so-tricky task of contouring a bit easier. With the famous Clinique crayon being given a cheek-sized make-over for a brown shade of contour and a pale highlight. Plus the ‘Scuptionary Cheek Contouring Palettes’ – cheek powders with three shades designed so you can use to sculpt, highlight and add colour. If I can’t master the contour with these and the Bobbi Brown then I just know it’s a technique not for me…
3. NYX Mood Lipglosses* – My inner teenager loves the look of these. Scented and colour adapting glosses in three shades (one of which offers to brighten my smile too – SOLD). I think these are just a good bit of a make-up fun, and isn’t that what it’s all about?! The strawberry one smells good enough to eat. Plus they’re only £2.50 each right now. Bargain.
4. Couvent Des Minimes Baume D’Armour* – Or ‘Loving Care Body Balm’ as it’s also know. I first mentioned Couvent Des Minimes in a post last week but now have this to add to my review pile. I’ve only given this a little try so far but the thing that struck me the most is the smell – it smells GORGEOUS. Really lovely and clean – like fresh warm laundry. Literally sniffing it as I type and LOVE the smell. It’s what I want my whole house to smell like, but if not my house then at least I can smell like this!
5. Tom Ford Lip Color Shine ‘Frolic’* – What girl doesn’t want a bit of Tom Ford in their life? This is one of the lighter lip colours – sort of like a pigmented balm rather than full lip colour. I wore this when out for dinner at a friends last week and whilst the coral/peach sort of shade is more Summery I loved how brightening it is and really comfortable to wear. One that if you forget about it, it’s not going to just go all gross and patchy on your lips. Very natural and a great one if you have super-dry lips like I do right now.
6.Burberry Spring Collection* – I have a few items from the Burberry Spring Collection to show you. One of which is this lovely warm raspberry colour of nail varnish. There’s also a totally on-trend eye shadow that reminds me of the whole ‘Pantone Colour of the Year’ shade of Marsala. There are also some blues and greens in there and a rather stunning cheek palette. Gorgeous stuff – love it when the bright colours start coming in ahead of the warmer days!
7. Aveda Scalp Benefits* – No, scalp talk is never the most glam of beauty topics. I know. But it’s one I’m geekily interested in – so I’m very excited to give this classic from Aveda a whirl. After all – without a healthy scalp… how can you expect to have really healthy hair too?! Also – smells lovely (as does everything Aveda).
*Indicates PR sample or gift.