Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer

I love make-up, really – I do. I wouldn’t have been doing this for six years if I didn’t! But I also love sleep, and have been doing that for even longer so sometimes sleep  wins out over a full face of perfectly applied make-up. So when I find cheeky ways to skip a step or multi-purpose products, they usually get a thumbs up from me. With that in mind, Clinique have launched a snazzy little combo product of the Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer in one.

I’ve always really liked Clinique Foundation, for a long time their anti-blemish was my ultimate favourite and they have always performed for me. So when they launch a new one, I’m always keen to give it a whirl. This one is an all around interesting idea – with a normall looking bottle, but then when you pull out the lid it reveals a large sponge applicator that works well in two ways: One to apply splodges all over your face to then buff in. Two: To spot-apply in specific areas for where you want a little extra coverage.

IMG_7335 IMG_7348

This foundation is one that’s great if you want that flawless finish – as it is that medium to high coverage level that can be built up to really conceal any flaw. I really like the sponge applicator – it helps me avoid the whole ‘back of hand’ application thing then a brush, which can just get messy. I do generally always opt for a buffing brush of some sort to apply foundation – whatever the formula as think it really creates that perfected but still natural finish. The Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation is higher coverage but the best thing is that – as with any base – you can always add your own little tweaks to adapt. Perhaps you love the coverage of it as a concealer but want something lighter overall? Add a little moisturiser (Clinique Moisture Surge is fab for this – super light and refreshing). Either way, it’s a one-step for those who are time-poor but want that totally even flawless finish. As I mentioned at the start – I am always a fan of anything that gives me that little bit more time. Now if only Clinique could design a foundation that’s also an assistant or personal chef in there too… that would be beyond amazing.

CliniqueLogo

For skin beyond flawless. That lasts all day.

New 2-in-1 Clinique Beyond PerfectingTM Foundation + Concealer. Make-up for lost time.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Clinique via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Clinique.

1. Kate
    February 19, 2015 / 8:34 am

I’ve been using this for a week now and totally love it!

2. philippa
    February 19, 2015 / 8:41 am

Sounds interesting, I really like the concept! (:
    ABlogByPhilippa

3. February 19, 2015 / 9:06 am

I was intrigued as soon as I heard about this. I like the applicator as at the moment I’m using a bottle without a pump and it’s so messy. I have a lot of redness to cover but like a light finish overall, so being able to mix it with moisturiser sounds promising. I hope they do samples in store to try out. I’ve used Clinique’s anti-redness foundation before which didn’t really do much for me, but I’d give this one a go.

4. February 19, 2015 / 10:59 am

I was really interested in this product when I cam out and was hoping to see some reviews! It sounds like it’s a good new release, I’ve never tried Clinique’s foundations before but am definitely interested after reading this!

Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

5. February 19, 2015 / 11:22 am

What shade is it your using?

• Jen
      Author
      February 19, 2015 / 1:27 pm

Absolutely, I’d say it’s probably best for normal to oily as it really does apply and stay put.

6. Denise
    February 19, 2015 / 12:02 pm

I like this. I have used it for about a week. Formula is nice, quite long lasting, around 8 hours for me, I have normal skin. I found it can be really sheered out with a sigma F80 buffing brush. And that bit of extra cover with a concealer that actually matches, genius really.

• Jen
      Author
      February 19, 2015 / 1:26 pm

It’s great isn’t it. I think the buffing brush is the best invention for foundation market ever too.

7. February 19, 2015 / 4:06 pm

I’ve never tried Clinique foundations. I have a Clinique gift card from Christmas that I’ve yet to use, because I’m so indecisive. I can’t choose! I don’t necessarily need a new foundation- but this sounds nice. Would you say it’s good for really dry skin?
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

8. February 20, 2015 / 1:01 am

What skin type is this best for do you think. I have combination to dry skin and wonder if this would cling to dry patches?

Kate X

9. February 23, 2015 / 3:44 pm

I really like Clinique brushes! Unfortunately the dog ate mine! xx

10. September 28, 2015 / 7:12 pm

I know it’s not about the product itself but the colour scheme of this blog post is just to die for!!! you’ve obviously spent so much time planning it all out, looks so amazing 🙂

wonderlandalicee.blogspot.co.uk