My guilty purchase of the week

I was just having a bit of a browse of Superdrug and spotted one of my favourite fragrances on sale – Briney’s Believe for only £12.99. Probably about the maximum they should charge for it, I know. But I can’t help but like it. I am a bit of a Britney fan, so when this was released (blatantly cashing in on her less-than-stable phase) I tried it and liked it. So I’ve already managed to finish one bottle of this, and this is my second.

It’s a nice every day fragrance – fresh and a little citrusy – that I don’t mind covering myself in because it’s not exactly expensive – and you do need to cover yourself as it doesn’t last very well at all. Sill. I like it, I bought it and I’m proud.

(Actually I’m slightly embarrassed as feel I should be far more sophisticated with my perfume choices, but there we go)

I also have a couple of other Britney fragrances – don’t really like them as much. They are a bit too sweet. But this I love and will no doubt buy again.

What do you think of Britney and her perfumes??

**The Small Print**

Bought by myself.

1. Lina
    August 10, 2010 / 9:56 am

I have a few nice fragrances, but for some reason I always end up wearng my Impulse spray in Paris! Class. I love the smell but I think being able to just fling it in my bag and carry it around (and if I lose it, so what?) is probably half its charm. xx

2. August 10, 2010 / 9:09 am

I feel the same about the fact I wear “Lovely” by Sarah Jessica Parker. Not the cheapest fragrance on the shelf but I LOVE it!! Yet I always have that little “guilt” complex at the fact I’ve bought in to a celebrity fragrance.
    Then I don’t care because I smell fabulous so that’s all that matters!!

@rachaelblogs
    x

3. Ms Bubu
    August 10, 2010 / 10:27 am

I really like Midnight Fantasy! I havent got it yet, but it’s in my wishlist. I think Britney’s perfumes are made by Estee Lauder or a similar company. So I guess in the end it is not so bad…

4. August 10, 2010 / 9:41 am

He he don’t be ashamed! I’m the same, have all sorts of lovely, fancy perfumes but I absolutely love JLo Glow and wear it all the time! x

5. Sami
    August 10, 2010 / 10:48 am

Lol… a lot of my girlfriends love the Britney Spears perfumes but I’m not a huge fan. The bottles are lovely though! x

6. August 11, 2010 / 12:51 am

Britney’s perfumes are made by Elziabeth Arden. I think they’re very causal and good for an everyday kinda wear. I don’t own any myself but have smelled them in passing. If I were a woman and would invest in any celeb fragrance I would like the Gwen Stefani line a lot.

7. Catherine
    August 11, 2010 / 6:30 am

I am the same with celeb perfumes! I love perfume and have pretty much settled on Chanel Madamemoiselle as my signature, but JLO Glow will transport me back in time..and I really really like the new Halle Berry fragrance for summer..its a lovely warm honey amber..very sexy!