MAC Venomous Villains

It’s already pretty clear from this blog that I’m obsessed with make-up. But what you probably don’t know is that I’m also a BIG Disney fan. (Yes, perhaps that means I have a mental age of a six year old and sound like a bit of a geek, but I can’t help it – putting all the huge corporate entity thing aside… Disney, to me, really is the happiest place on earth.)

So what happens if you put Disney and MAC together? You get one pretty happy beauty junkie in London.

I’m not going to go on about the preview event as have a sneaking suspicion it will be on many a blog over the coming days. But I can’t help but post a before and after of the amazing work done on the night.

The look was ‘Cruella DeVil’ – personally I think she has to be the most amazing villain (closely followed by Maleficent, mostly because I just love how ‘Maleficent’ sounds).

BEFORE

AFTER

How gorgeous are those red lips? A very ‘modern’ Cruella I think. Love it!

Are you looking forward to this collection and who is your favourite villain?!

1. October 1, 2010 / 1:21 am

I realllllyyy Hate the packaging mainly because before I saw the swatch and packaging photos on temptalia I thought it would be like a really pretty pink packaging with maybe a nice character like Tinkerbell.. but then again this is a Fall collection. It really puts me off though :S.

xoxo stay fabulous

2. October 1, 2010 / 6:35 am

I think I offended some people on another blog but I can’t help myself. Pay good money for stuff with Disney characters over it? Not a chance. In my eyes this is beyond tacky. Take it away.

3. October 1, 2010 / 7:26 am

Each to their own! This was always going to be a collection that split opinions. In terms of the packaging, it’s not really any different to buying something from the Liberty of London collection because it has pretty flowers – packaging is just that, a package. I like it for the pure and simple reason that I like Disney stuff (and that doesn’t mean I have a bedroom filled with mini mouse and princess stuff at all)

My one wish with the packaging is that they could have made a bit more of the more stylised images that they used in the teaser promotion. They are on the outer boxes, but the collection would have looked more ‘slick’ with them on the main packaging.

4. October 1, 2010 / 8:11 am

Love that, so glamorous.

Weird thing is, as i read this, I have Beauty and the Beast on!

5. Francesca
    October 1, 2010 / 11:16 am

Im loving the look of it, do you know the uk release date? (for the website?) xx

6. October 3, 2010 / 7:14 pm

I love the idea of Disney and make up. You’re welcome round mine any time to watch some films, since you’re a Disney fan like me! I love the displays they’ve used for the collection and I’m looking forward to checking it out. The make up demo looks awesome and those red lips are fierce!

7. October 4, 2010 / 3:55 pm

Personally, I just love the villain theme. It always seems like the villains have all the fun plotting and breaking the rules while the protagonists are crying, concerned, and scared.

Of course we wouldn’t want to be bad people in real life, but pretending and using our imagination as adults is fun. I guess that ties into “the world of Disney” lol

The evil queen face chart I saw looks the most convincing to me.