Lacoste, the joy of pink: fragrance

Last week I went along to the launch of the latest ‘pink’ fragrance from Lacoste, fronted by Alexa Chung.

To be honest, the only Alexa I’m interested in is her leather namesake from Mulberry. Plus I’m not really a ‘pink’ kinda girl…but, all that aside – the fragrance is rather lovely.

Absolutely bursting with a very fresh grapefruit scent. Plus a hint of flowery ‘velvet peony’ to soften it a bit. It smells really light, fresh, citrusy, girly and all in all little odd for launching in autumn… But I’ve still been wearing it everyday since last Friday and will continue to do so!

Downside is that I really have to drown myself in it and still, it just doesn’t last. Any tips for making a fragrance you love stick around long enough for me to get out of the door?!

**the small print**
Fragrance provides by PR for review.

1. Wande's World
    October 29, 2010 / 9:16 am

yes the ultimate trick with to use the shower gel, to get the first instance of the scent, then apply the body lotion, then the perfume. What this does is layers the perfume, and rids the alcohol scent, allowing your fragrance to last all day.

Personally I find the process long, especially when I have specific shower gels, and body lotions I like to stick to, so I opt for the EDP. Now that lasts all day

Wande

xx

2. Sami
    October 29, 2010 / 10:54 am

I love the Lacoste Pink perfumes so I can’t wait to try this one out too!

As for making EDTs last, try applying Vaseline around your neck and spray the perfume on that area… it should cling to the Vaseline and last longer 🙂 xx

3. October 29, 2010 / 9:55 am

Normally,that would be a great trick but as you said – I have come shower gels and moisturisers that I like to stick too. Will have to find another way – at the moment I’m spraying it on clothes as well in the hope it will cling a bit.

4. Kirsty T
    October 29, 2010 / 10:57 am

Might have to go have a smell as it sounds like my sort of perfume!

5. October 29, 2010 / 11:24 am

Sami – that is a fab tip, thank you!

Kirsty T – Def reccommend it, it’s so fresh and light. Very daytime!

6. Laura
    October 29, 2010 / 1:22 pm

I’ve been trying to spray my perfume just under my collar bone on either side, rather than right in the middle of my neck, in the hope that it might not get as much exposure to wind and not get lost! I thought it was working on the first few days, but I’m not sure if it is now…

Laura
    asifby-magic.blogspot.com

7. July 17, 2012 / 9:25 am

I often spray ,y perfume into my hair