Curly hair…

This is me, with curly hair. Well, about as curly as I can make it really. My hair is naturally, totally and utterly straight. Sure, it has the odd annoying kink or cowlick, but overall – it’s straight and there’s very little in the way of beauty products that I have found out there to change it.

Apart from this little method. I wash my hair at night, load it up with mousse, curl it into small buns all over my head (anywhere from two to four buns all over) and let it dry overnight. Take it out in the morning, spray about an o-zone’s worth of hairspray all over and voila. I have curls. Well, messy curly-ish hair. But I like it.

Sure, they still pretty much drop by the end of the day – but overall it leaves my hair with more texture than I normally have, so I’m happy!
If any of you know of any miracle products that add volume/texture/curl to dead-straight hair please comment below and let me know! I’ll try anything to get rid of the blah!!!

Make-up wise, I’m using:

Clarins Ever Matte foundation*, NARS Concealer*,
Benefit Hervana Blush*, MAC Blonde MSF to highlight,
L’Oreal Telescopic False Lash Mascara* (LOVE), and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara*,
ELF Brow Treat and Tame, MAC All That Glitters e/s,
MAC Tendertone in Hot’n’Saucy.

Products with * are PR samples.

• March 22, 2012 / 10:50 am

Thanks! Going to try and get some proper sleep rollers I think & try and do it ‘properly’!

1. kay eh tea ei.
    March 22, 2012 / 9:30 am

You look amazing beb, love your makeup and you look gorgeous with curly hair! xo.

2. Ms Bubu
    March 22, 2012 / 9:58 am

It looks good! I have tried this technique already, the only downside is that it’s not comfortable for sleeping!

• March 22, 2012 / 10:53 am

Very true, I try and position the little buns on the top of my head so it’s no too awkward but want to find some proper sleep rollers to leave in overnight that are all squishy!

3. Katt
    March 22, 2012 / 11:57 am

I have exactly the same problem! My hair is poker straight! I too am a fan of the ‘lots of little buns’ technique 😉 I used to use this all the time – even though it’s meant for curly hair..

I apply a bit to smallish strands of hair, when it’s still slightly damp and have loooads of really tight little buns. When it dries totally – I usually leave it about an hour – you get crazy curly hair, but it drops and actually looks really good and lasts the day!

Katt xo
    thekattspyjamas.blogspot.com

4. March 22, 2012 / 9:39 pm

I do the same but with plaits which are more comfortable, I also have stubbornly straight hair. Also you could try, if it’s the evening/ afternoon you want curls for, putting your hair up into a bun with loads of spray etc
    It will be curly when you take it down 🙂 that works well for me.

5. March 23, 2012 / 12:25 am

my hair is exactly like that too! it is stick straight! when i want a little texture and little waves, i also put my hair in a bun at night. what works better for me though, is to french braid my hair. 🙂

as for products, you can try not your mother’s beach babe texturizing spray. i wrote a review on it if you’d like to check it out. 🙂

<3, Mimi
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway

6. March 23, 2012 / 7:06 am

It looks lovely, my hair naturally dries kind of wavy, it straightens and curls pretty easy though. I was always jealous of people whose hair dried dead straight! Have you ever tried a seal salt spray, I found that my hair has been wavier ever since I spent the summer in California and spent most of the time on the beach!

joanne from jimmilou.com

7. March 23, 2012 / 4:40 pm

I adore Umberto Gianini’s Scrunching Jelly. My hair is naturally curly, but I don’t think it curls very nicely, I don’t have any nice ringlets action going on. Scrunching Jelly helps my hair to curl really nicely and it stays that way!

Steph xx