Maybelline Colour Sensational Popsticks

Do you remember push pops?? Well these new lippies from Maybelline are basically the lipstick equivalent of a push pop… sheer colours in a transparent looking bullet that smells amazing. More of a tinted lip-balm, these aren’t for you if you want a power-pout look. But it you want a very sheer wash of colour and like the idea of your lipstick smelling good enough to eat (personally, I do) then these will definitely appeal.

L-R: Cherry Pop, Citrus Slice, Pink Lollipop
Of the three shades, the Cherry Pop is my favourite in both scent and colour pay off – but to look at the winner has to be Pink Lollipop! If Barbie was making these lipsticks, then that would be her signature colour.
I can see these being really popular with younger teens/tweens as an intro to the world of make-up as whilst they are somewhat moisturising, I wouldn’t put them in the same balm/lipstick category as Revlon Lip butters or similar. The colours and scents are fun and good for a subtle Summer look.

What do you think of these new push-pop like lippies from Maybelline??

PR samples.

1. Florence
    April 24, 2012 / 10:12 am

I do like the idea of these, but I wish they had a little bit more colour too them x

themusingsofflorence.blogspot.co.uk/

2. April 24, 2012 / 11:24 am

I remember push-pops! Remind me of the sugary highs on the way home from school. These lipsticks do sound like grown up versions that don’t provide a matching tongue or sticky residue!

3. EilidhPie
    April 24, 2012 / 1:38 pm

The citrus bullet looks like jelly! I normally covet everything maybeline but these just don appeal. I think you’re right in saying they would probably suit young girls just getting into make-up xo

4. April 24, 2012 / 12:48 pm

I nearly bought these and loved the smell of them, but I wanted just a little bit more colour pay-off to convince me!x

5. Kay
    April 24, 2012 / 3:52 pm

They look fun to use – but honestly, the colour payoff is pretty minimal. The packaging is adorable though 🙂

6. April 24, 2012 / 3:07 pm

Hello! After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the “International Directory Blogspot”
    For this is the very simple, just follow our blog, enter your Country, your blog url, and you will automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world to share with us the different passions, fashion, paintings, artwork, photos, poems and so be able to find in other countries people with similar passions.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    Have a great day with the hope that you follow our blog “Directory”.
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    Regards
    Chris
    To find out, click on the link below:

7. Taylor
    April 24, 2012 / 4:12 pm

I’ve never seen these before!! They look so nice! I wish they were more pigmented!
    taylor
    Girl Meets Beauty

8. April 24, 2012 / 6:22 pm

They all look so much like jelly sweets! I’ll have to keep an eye out for them; they look delicious 🙂

9. April 24, 2012 / 6:59 pm

These look quite interesting. I haven’t tried out either these or the Revlon lip butters but I’d like to try both.. I agree with above comments and would prefer more colour. Are they quite buildable?

10. Anonymous
    April 28, 2012 / 8:17 pm

Ummm they’re okay BUT I WANT BABY LIPS….LET’S START A PETITION TO GET THEM. ON SALE IN EUROPE!!!!!!

11. April 29, 2012 / 10:55 am

They totally remind me of the Clarins Crystal Lip Balms. (Come to think of it, have this year’s been released yet I wonder?) Lovely!

12. BEAUTYTHRILL
    May 1, 2012 / 7:57 pm

Really like these, especially the Pink Lollipop shade. Not sure about all of them though. Great for summer 😉