Turquoise nail colours

Turquoise is my favourite colour. I love all things turquoise, especially jewellery and nails. I noticed I had been accumulating quite a collection of turquoise nail colours so decided to do a round up/collection post to compare the shades (and hopefully make me realise I don’t need any more).

So here are the turquoise shades in my collection, going from dark to light:

L-R: Sephora by OPI ‘Ocean Love Potion’, Butter London ‘Slapper’, L’Oreal ‘Bluereef’
L-R: China Glaze ‘For Audrey’, OPI ‘Mermaids Tears’, Avon ‘Sea Breeze’
L-R: Milani ‘Dress Maker’. Bourjois ‘Bleu Model’, Topshop ‘Pool Party’
L-R: Marks & Spencer ‘Bright Aqua’, American Eagle Outfitters (no name), Illamasqua ‘Nomad’
L-R: Essie ‘Mint Candy Apple’, NYC ‘Mint Macaroon’, Max Factor ‘Cool Jade’
L-R: Orly ‘Jealous Much?’, L’Oreal ‘Perlede Jade’, Look Beauty ‘Vintage’

I couldn’t do a comparison without looking at them swatched… so here’s a nail wheel with all the shades, going dark to light (anticlockwise):

Starting at the darkest, anti clockwise: L’Oreal ‘Bluereef’, Butter London ‘Slapper’, Sephora by OPI ‘Ocean Love Potion’,  Avon ‘Sea Breeze’, OPI ‘Mermaids Tears’, China Glaze ‘For Audrey’, Topshop ‘Pool Party’, Bourjous ‘Bleu Model’, Milani ‘Dress Party’, Illamasqua ‘Nomad’, American Eagle Outfitters (no name), M&S ‘Bright Aqua’, Max Factor ‘Cool Jade’, NYC Colour ‘Mint Macaroon’, Essie ‘Mint Candy Apple’, Look Beauty ‘Vintage’, L’Oreal ‘Perlede Jade’, Orly ‘Jealous Much?’.
With Flash (Order as above)
Natural Light (Order as above)
The main thing this little round-up/collection post has shown me is that first off – I have a problem with turquoise nail colours. I just can’t resist them. And secondly, that a few of these are pretty decent dupes…especially:
Look Beauty ‘Vintage’ and L’Oreal ‘Perlede Jade’
Avon ‘Sea Breeze’ is a pretty decent dupe of ‘OPI Mermaid’s Tears’
China Glaze ‘For Audrey’, Topshop ‘Pool Party’ and Bourjois ‘Bleu Model’ are all almost identical.
If you want to see NOTD/more in depth comparisons of any of the shades let me know and will see what I can do! Or if you want to see more collection/colour round-up posts – just comment below.
When it comes to nail colours, what shades are your weakness? I also have a bit of a thing for purple….

Products included are mixture of shades bought by me and PR samples.

1. em-herbert
    April 8, 2012 / 5:53 pm

Hello, I absolutely love your blog and hope that one day mine can be as successful as yours! Do you have any advice please? I have just started and my blog is http://em-herbert.blogspot.co…. please check it out! thank you xx

2. April 8, 2012 / 5:11 pm

You can’t beat turquoise and mint green for summer nails! I seem to have developed a problem with corals recently though…

3. April 8, 2012 / 6:32 pm

I am completely with you on this one! Mints and turquoise are irresistible to me! I’ve spotted a few I may have to add to my collection! xx

4. mafi
    April 8, 2012 / 8:13 pm

I think I want them all! I esp like the look of the Butter, OPI and Orly one. Great post!

5. rubysoho
    April 8, 2012 / 9:07 pm

I love every single one of these shades, it’s hard to choose a favourite! xx

6. Emma
    April 9, 2012 / 12:18 am

Ooh, there’s a lovely new turquoisey-green polish out by GOSH, called ‘Splish Splash’, I love it! These are all so pretty, I can’t wear mint green on my nails as my skin is too pink-toned but turquoise looks just right 🙂 Will have to check a lot of these out! xx

7. April 9, 2012 / 9:12 am

I definitely think the Butter London one is my favourite of the lot. It’s so vibrant and lovely. I like to think I don’t favour any one colour. Although generally I’ll go for brights over neautrals. Nice post.

Courtney,
    Such A Beautiful Sight

8. April 9, 2012 / 9:40 am

Candy red, teal and gray are my weaknesses.

9. Sami
    April 11, 2012 / 1:20 pm

LOVE your collection! I actually don’t have many blues in my nail polish collection but I’m really liking Illamasqua Nomad x

10. April 22, 2012 / 7:02 pm

turquoise is also my favourite colour
    really loving the topshop one, will have to go get that
    cheers

11. May 8, 2012 / 5:37 pm

Butter London ‘Slapper,’ China Glaze ‘For Audrey,’and Topshop ‘Pool Party’ all look pretty similar in the swatches. Are they really that close? I would really like to find a good dupe for Slapper.

12. simplyneatdesigns
    July 7, 2012 / 9:13 pm

Do you have a comparison between Nomad and Club Prive by Loreal?