No7 Beautiful Skin

So, No7 – the classic Boots brand recently gave its skincare line a bit of a refresh. This meant making it feel more streamlined, with skincare ranges clearly designed for different skin types/ages so you can find the right products for you – whilst keeping things simple.

I’m overall a big fan of No7 – the brand has some fantastic products and I have many a time before sung the praises of their eye make-up remover. It’s been my go-to product for ages and the number one thing I stock up on when those £5 vouchers are available. In fact, on a recent clear out I found around three brand new bottles of the stuff, which is roughly a years supply at the rate I currently go through them. Safe to say, I am well stocked.

So my love for the eye make-up remover aside (more on that shortly) I have also been using the Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser for Normal/Dry Skin and the Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal/Dry skin (SPF 15).
Of the two products I am absolutely loving the Melting Gel Cleanser – it’s perfect for anyone who wants to try an oil cleanser, but is a bit scare of the idea of slapping oil on the face. This is a thicker texture than oil (a gel…duh) but it really does melt into the skin and then when you apply the water it emulsifies – and rinses off, taking the day of make-up with it.
The Day Cream is nice, but hard to find much to say about really – to be honest. It’s a solid product, does a decent job with no revolutionary results to be said yet, my skin does feel nicely hydrated but not greasy. It doesn’t smell offensive (or of anything really) and it does the job. Downsides to this product though – I wish it came in a tube rather than a pot and I wish it was SPF30 rather than 15. But that’s just me being fussy with my skincare.

Now, back to the eye make-up remover. In the refresh I feel Boots have made a bit of an error – not in the formula, that’s a good as it’s always been. But the new packaging is a bit of a let down – they have removed the old pump style dispenser (as you can see the new and the old next to each other above), leaving the product with just a lid that screws on and off. Of course this isn’t the end of the world – but to me it’s that little bit less convenient, which makes the product loose a bit of it’s sparkle in my eyes – and that’s coming from someone who has a years supply stashed away.

I really wish they had kept the pump dispenser as part of the packaging style. It’s probably just clumsy me worried I might knock it over and have a blue-oily-liquid disaster one day… but still, it’s the little things that make a product and the pump dispenser was that for me (so much so that I’m keeping my old bottle and dispensing the product into it)

So my overall view of the refreshed range – of course I haven’t tried it all, but I like how they’re streamlining things to keep it as fuss free as possible and I’m loving the melting gel cleanser. It’s nice to see a mainstream range launching a more unusual texture cleanser. Definitely recommend trying this one.

If you have tried any of the range let me know what you think in the comments below.

For more on the Beautiful Skin range visit Boots.com

*Cleanser and moisturiser PR samples. Eye make-up remover purchased by me.

1. Florence
    May 17, 2012 / 7:45 am

I’m personally not a fan of the eye make up remover, I know you need a little bit of oilness to easily remove mascara but I felt that it was like rubbing grease into my eyes! They do have some great products though like their Hot Cloth Cleanser x

themusingsofflorence.blogspot.co.uk/

2. Cesca
    May 17, 2012 / 8:05 am

I’m really tempted by some of the new No7 skincare! The glass pots are really lovely as well 🙂

the-little-divas.blogspot.com

3. leannerosemacca
    May 17, 2012 / 8:46 am

I loved the wipes but the new ones must have perfume
    in as they really hurt my eyes. Apparently ‘only the packaging
    has changed’ hmmm :/

4. May 17, 2012 / 9:32 am

Great review! I don’t own an eye makeup remover, i just use whatever face wash that is at hand. However, it might be time for me to invest in one, and based on the positive review, the no7 one is now at the top of my list 🙂

Lots of Love, Ana
    cupcakesandflowers.blogspot.co.uk
    x

5. So&Bo
    May 17, 2012 / 1:02 pm

I am a hugh no.7 fans as well. I’ve been using the gel and the day cream as well, they are fantastic 🙂 x

6. Sandra
    May 17, 2012 / 3:45 pm

I am a huge fan of the no7 eye makeup remover. It is a much cheaper alternative to the Lancome Bi-facil. I love it!

7. May 17, 2012 / 4:13 pm

I always use the Boots ‘essentials’ range as it is so much cheaper than no 7 but I’ve heard such great things about this range,think I’ll try the day cream! Brilliant review 🙂

8. Vicki
    May 17, 2012 / 5:38 pm

I really like the eye makeup remover too & really stockup on it when i have those £5 vouchers. I have tried their Pore Refining Serum & their Protect & Perfect Serum. Both of which i really like & would recommend. I buy them on 3 for 3 which makes a big diference.

9. PlanetNishy
    May 17, 2012 / 5:45 pm

The Eye Makeup Remover is fantastic, I stock up on it too and have one more bottle left in the old-style packaging. I actually prefer it without the pump though, but that’s just my personal preference.
    I did try the Melting Gel Cleanser too, as I was excited by a high-street brand delving into emulsifying oil/cream based cleansers. However, as a devotee to oil cleansers, I found it too thick and sticky and much harder to emulsify, and it seemed hard to rinse off for me too. Won’t be repurchasing.
    Love the No7 Facewipes, must stock up on them when they’re next on £5 off voucher!

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2012 / 3:58 pm

Lexi-you can get some boots & No. 7 products at Target and I think Ulta carries No. 7 range and they have a US website. Not sure if the products above are available tho, and not as fun as being in the actual Boots.