Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector

This is probably wrong, but as I start to type this the Missy Eliot song ‘Get your freak on’ popped into my head, but with me replacing the word freak with ‘glow’, not quite as catchy – but totally appropriate for this review!

*Sings* “Get your glow on… get your glow on…”

Anyway… back to this little tube of radiance!

I’m a bit of a fuss pot when it comes to my makeup finish preferences – I like my skin to glow, but I don’t want it to be shimmery, shiny and I absolutely want to avoid glitter. ย This is something that’s surprisingly difficult to find – many products seem good on first use, but on closer inspection what was a glow is actually fine glitter that gets *everywhere* and you end up with everything looking a little bit sparkly.

But I am happy to report that this Complexion Perfector from Clarins strikes the ideal balance between offering a glow without looking like you might fit in with the vampire cast of Twilight or at a 70’s disco. This shade, is the Rose Shimmer version with a pink toned tint to it – then there’s also a Champagne Shimmer and a Bronzer Shimmer version to suit different skin tones. For me, the Rose Shimmer is perfect right now, I could be tempted to try the other shades in the Summer months.

When using this I apply it as a base and then follow with foundation of choice (currently loving one from Bobbi Brown) which I buff in with my Real Techniques buffing brush (from the Core Collection). I usually apply the Complexion Perfector on the cheeks but not too much on the T-Zone area for a healthy, glowing look – without looking like I’m too shiny.

Overall, I love this for added glow – the packaging also gets top marks for being travel friendly!

Available fromย Debenhamsย (ยฃ26)

PR sample

1. April 23, 2013 / 7:10 am

I love these kinds of products, they are the perfect way to brighten up dull looking skin! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. April 23, 2013 / 7:25 am

I love this product too. Their Beauty Flash Balm is also incredible. As is Dr Lewinns Instant Beauty. Both are hydrating boosters that help make your skin glow without having shimmer on your cheeks that I see so many women apply like they’ve done so with a crayon. Definitely worth check out ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for the post on this

smashleighbeauty.blogspot.co.nz

• April 23, 2013 / 8:48 am

Ooh, that’s exciting – I have the Dr Lewins in the ‘to test’ pile so will dig that out next as can’t beat anything that offers a hydration boost!

• April 24, 2013 / 8:14 am

It’s definitely hydrating! I even prefer it rather than a primer. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. April 23, 2013 / 2:01 pm

Got to love clarins, the finish on this looks perfect, nice and dewy to give a glow ๐Ÿ™‚

prettylittleus

Kate
    Xx

4. April 23, 2013 / 2:09 pm

I picked this up the other week and am full-on obsessed. I’m also testing out the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer, and have the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders on my wishlist. I’m like you in that I’m always on the hunt for a glow that isn’t shiny.

Love your blog!

5. April 24, 2013 / 3:56 am

Fairly certain that the L’oreal Lumi Primer gives a very similar effect to this ๐Ÿ™‚

6. April 24, 2013 / 3:57 am

7. April 24, 2013 / 5:37 pm

I read about it all the time, but do you find any similarity to MAC’s strobe liquid lotion?cos i hate it…

8. April 24, 2013 / 5:38 pm