Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette

Urban Decay are basically the undisputed rulers of the palette kingdom world in my eyes, as far as nude shades go – they win hands down with their Naked range. Then they went and turned the standards up a notch by adding a cheek palette into the mix…

IMG_7162 IMG_7167 IMG_7171

The Naked Flushed palette is a trio of shades – a bronzer/contour colour, a pinky shimmering highlight and a peachy pink blusher. Basically the three basics you need for the perfect cheek look.

I like the shades in this palette and the trio of colours do cover the essentials of what you need for a lovely look but I can’t help but feel like they could have taken this that little bit further and put the palette on the same sort of lust-list status as the Naked 1 an Naked 2 palettes. Perhaps a selection of 3 or 4 blusher shades that perk complexions up – maybe a pink, a peach, one with a shimmer and a cream version? Just thinking out loud on that one (and writing it down).

I do really like the blusher shade and the shimmer but I struggle to make the bronzer/contour work for me as it’s that little bit too yellow which doesn’t really work for my skin tone. If I had to pick one shade from the trio I’d say the blusher is the most flattering of the three as it’s pink enough to brighten but just enough of a glow to look healthy.

Overall, this is a great partner for the Naked Basics palette as a small and easy to carry around essential that has all you need in a compact little package.

What are your thoughts on the Naked Flushed palette?

Available from lookfantastic.com (£20)

PR sample.

1. April 19, 2013 / 7:13 am

I just bought the Naked Basics palette and I’m so happy with it! This seems pretty good as well 🙂 Great post!

XO
    scribblesofvalerie.com

2. Christina Adores
    April 19, 2013 / 8:15 am

Wow pretty!! xx

3. April 19, 2013 / 8:00 am

This palette does look really nice, but I definitely agree with you about it needing a bit more of the wow factor, is it just me, or does this look suspiciously like the Sleek Makeup Face Form Palette?…. I love the idea of a few different colours in there and a cream to mix it up a bit, the would definitely make it unique and lustworthy!!
    Eleanor x

4. Sana Sadiq
    April 19, 2013 / 9:04 am

This is SO pretty <3

5. April 19, 2013 / 8:40 am

I’m not sure about it… I don’t really use highlighters or bronzers though so that might be why.

6. April 19, 2013 / 9:18 am

Idk, it looks all right, you’d just expect a little more from an Urban Decay palette…

7. Ev
    April 19, 2013 / 4:25 pm

Its very pretty, but lately i’ve been in Matte blushes … and i’m sure i have similar colors in my stash already … if someone gave it to me though I’d happily take it, haha!

8. April 19, 2013 / 8:51 pm

One reason I haven’t gotten this is because of the lack of colors in it. Though that highlighter looks really gorgeous! Perhaps I’ll test it out next time I’m at Sephora but they should step up the game as far as colors for sure.

9. Lara McKirdy
    April 21, 2013 / 6:36 pm

Cannot wait to purchase this!

Ive just stared a blog and would really appreciate if you all came and had a read and followed it. Ive just posted a review about John Frieda’s Daily Miracle

Lara x

10. April 25, 2013 / 9:52 pm

I love the look of this palette! Sadly UD are a touch out of my bidget 🙁 I did manage to snap up Sleek’s version of this palette a few weeks ago for £3.99 (it was missing it’s box!) I use my Sleek palette every day, and I like that the products are even in quantity. So, a good cheaper alternative if UD’s offering is too pricey.

Steph xx

11. Sami
    April 28, 2013 / 4:17 pm

What a beautiful palette! These shades would really suit darker skin