Soap & Glory Skincare gets a makeover

Soap & Glory is a much loved brand in the beauty blogging world – with it’s cute and quirky pink packaging and playful product names. So I think for many the fact it’s skincare range has had a bit or a pared-down make-over has come as a bit of shock. So I thought this would be good timing to take a closer look at the new look and some of my picks of the products.

soap and glory skincare
Untitled UntitledUntitledUntitled
Untitled
First thing that anyone who will is familiar with the old style packaging will notice is the new, stark white tubes. Many of the old favourites are still there – such as ‘Scrub Your Nose in It’ & ‘No Clogs Allowed’ etc. But there are a few new ones – a few of which caught my attention when I got the chance to have a play at the launch.

The Ultimelt – hot cloth cleanser. Has a really lovely texture. Feel Good Factor – is a translucent BB cream – is an easy way to give a bit of a flawless look that suits all skin tones.

My picks of the range have to be – Glow Job, a tinted moisturiser for a sun kissed glow. Bright Here, Bright Now – a brightening moisturiser to add a bit of radiance & hydration to dull skin. Then there’s ‘You Won’t Believe Your Eyes’ – a super hydrating eye cream to tackle fine lines and dark circles.

There’s also the ‘Make Yourself Youthful Super Serum’ – a gorgeous anti-ageing serum that feels gorgeous on the skin and really packs a moisturising punch. It leaves skin feeling plumped and hydrated immediately.

What do you think of the new look packaging? Tempted to give anything a try?

PR samples received at event.

1. Aaliyah ~ {Pyari Beauty ♥}
    June 27, 2013 / 7:45 am

The packaging looks so bland and reminds me a lot of the packing of toothpaste :S

2. Stephiemcd
    June 27, 2013 / 8:13 am

The new packaging is terrible! Frankly so much of the appeal was how fun and vibrant it was. I would walk straight past these!

3. June 27, 2013 / 8:00 am

Oh no! Part of what I love about Soap & Glory is the retro pictures on the packaging. I can see that the pics are still on some of the boxes, but not the products themselves. I love the products, so I’ll keep on using them, but boy will I miss the old packaging 🙂

• June 28, 2013 / 6:55 am

This! One of the things that attracted me to S&G skincare was how much more fun their packaging was than everyone else’s.

I don’t think Feel Good Factor is new – as an SPF25 moisturiser it already exists (I use it!)

• Lesley
      January 11, 2014 / 7:12 pm

A big mistake, IMHO. As others have stated, the packaging, names, smell etc of the products (I know they haven’t all been changed), are some of the aspects of S&G which have attracted people to the brand. I am gonna email as I understand they may feel they want to ‘update’ products, but branding is so important.

4. June 27, 2013 / 8:19 am

Not a fan of the packaging. The white and turquoise looks like toothpaste while the white and pink looks like some sort of medicated cream! Maybe I’m shallow but it would put me off.

5. Ashleigh
    June 27, 2013 / 9:39 am

That’s a shame actually, the selling point of Soap & Glory is the fun packaging. Everyone picks up S&G because the packaging stands out, so they are more likely to buy it after looking closer. It looks like all the other products now. Boo.

6. June 27, 2013 / 9:05 am

I don’t care much about the packaging – living in Italy the only source for S&G products is ebay.co.uk, but I don’t trust it with skincare/makeup anymore (3 of 4 purchases were almost-expired/ancient/just gone bad products). I’d love to try the S&G range, I’ve read about it for years, but for now this is just not happening =\

7. Dannielle
    June 27, 2013 / 10:09 am

I love Soap and Glory but half of the appeal of it was its packaging! It’s just not as good looking anymore, and slightly boring looking. It probably won’t stop me buying it though xx

D Is For…

8. June 27, 2013 / 9:13 am

I have to disagree with the other commenters here, I absolutely love the new packaging! I’m not a fan of pink and girly stuff, but I’m a sucker for minimalistic design. This is a brave step to make for S&G and the change will definitely stir up quite a lot of controversy and extreme reactions.
    And even though I really like the new design, I don’t think it was the right business decision. We’ll see how everything turns out, I have my fingers crossed.

• June 27, 2013 / 7:20 pm

I have to agree with you! I love S&G products but don’t often buy as I don’t want my bathroom filled with lots of girlie pink bottles. I think the new packaging looks more upmarket & dare I say, expensive?!

Sarah

9. June 27, 2013 / 9:15 am

10. June 27, 2013 / 9:18 am

oh i’m just not sure about this, i love the old packaging! it was what made soap and glory

Chloe Witty

11. June 27, 2013 / 11:05 am

Got to admit i’m not a fan of the new packaging, i will still continue to buy, but will miss the retro packaging!
    xx

12. June 27, 2013 / 11:44 am

Even though everyone else in this thread (besides Pia) thinks the packaging is terrible, I think it is fantastic! The new packaging is minimal, but stylish. It has given Soap & Glory a fresh new look which is a lot more mature than the previous packaging. I think they have got the new design spot on!

13. June 27, 2013 / 12:14 pm

Noooooo I really don’t like it! I loved the old style Soap & Glory! x

14. June 27, 2013 / 1:06 pm

I think the new packaging looks a lot more sleek and mature, to be honest. Although I liked the old quirky packaging, the new ones can be taken much more seriously as an excellent brand. Either way, I think both are good but this one might be more appealing to those, who brushed off the quirky packaging as gimmicky – not everyone reads beauty blogs and if I didn’t read them, I’d probably never pick up a Soap and Glory product simply because I’d assume it was all about the image..

15. tanya melton
    June 27, 2013 / 2:50 pm

I personally am not a fan of the new packaging, but ‘handsome is as handsome does.’ The products are still great and still do the job they’re intended for, so it won’t stop me using them or recommending them! And I do agree that it may well appeal to people who may have written them off as a bit silly. I will miss the pink though- it’s about as girly as I ever get, buying and using soap and glory!

16. tanya melton
    June 27, 2013 / 2:52 pm

I will miss the old packaging- it was lovely and girly which was a refreshing treat. However ‘handsome is as handsome does,’ the products are still great and still do the job, so a bit of repackaging isn’t going to stop me using them or recommending them!

17. tanya melton
    June 27, 2013 / 2:53 pm

I also don’t think its terrible packaging- ita nice and simple and clean, quite like their products themselves. I think ita just the fact that it’s so very different from what everyone is used to seeing…..

18. June 27, 2013 / 3:57 pm

Never tried anything from Soap and Glory before but I’ve always had my eyes on a couple of their products. I’m not too sure about the new packaging. While it looks very grown up compared to the pink packaging of so many of their products, I can’t help but think that they’ve somehow lost their appeal? Having said that I’m looking forward to giving Bright Here, Bright Now a go. Can’t say no to a radiance and hydration boosting moisturiser. 🙂

19. June 27, 2013 / 4:17 pm

“Toothpaste tubes” was a spot-on. I will buy a good product regardless of packaging, but I may not have noticed these products if they were first packaged this way. The look is too sterile for a brand that is known for being wistful. I don’t get “mature” from this packaging. I get “cheap”.

20. June 27, 2013 / 4:18 pm

21. June 27, 2013 / 7:07 pm

I havent tried any of these but I don’t enjoy the new packaging, I liked the fun lively colours they used to have!
    roshjourney.blogspot.co.uk

22. Anita Pun
    June 27, 2013 / 8:58 pm

ahh I’ll miss the pink packaging!

23. Jenny
    June 28, 2013 / 5:51 pm

I hope this doesn’t mean they’re going to change their attitudes towards their customer base ala Eyeko!

24. June 28, 2013 / 11:35 pm

I actually really like the new packaging – it looks cleaner and less fussy, and Soap and Glory are betting ripped off so much by less well established brands, that I think they needed to do this to make themselves stand out again… They say immitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but some of the copy cat brands really push it.

• June 29, 2013 / 6:27 am

Totally with you on the reasoning – can see why they have done it! I don’t hate the new packaging, but don’t love it either. At the end of the day, if the product is good the packaging shouldn’t be the primary concern.

25. Sylvie Helen
    July 1, 2013 / 10:21 am

As long as they haven’t reformulated their products I don’t mind – I quite like the new packaging though I did love the old style x

26. August 8, 2013 / 7:52 am

Because I already know that some products are outstandingly good, I probably will repurchase. But I habe to admit – if I didn’t know S&G before the re-design, it would habe never caught my eye the way it looks know. Kinda clinical, boring, like some acne-treatment or stuff for veeerry old people. Just don’t like it. 30% of the brand’s charme were the fun vintage girls…think S&G done themselves something bad with the new packaging.