Bit of a different weekend wish list from me this week…only because there are actually ZERO beauty bits in there! I don’t know what it is, maybe the changing seasons…but all I want to do is shop for clothes. Coats, snuggly jumpers… scarves – all things to keep me warm and cosy in the impending months of gloom. Have to look on the positive side to the colder months, new shopping opportunity!
Firstly, a little heads up that Dorothy Perkins has 25% off plus free delivery at the moment – a pretty good saving! It’s only on for two more days though (at time of posting!) so make sure you move quick to make the most of it!
1. Dorothy Perkins Animal Print Shirt – When having a browse to make the most of the discount I spotted this shirt that I love the look of. Personally I wouldn’t wear it with the top button done up – my round face wouldn’t thank me. But with sleeves rolled up and the top couple of buttons undone with a pair of black skinnies…easy! Can see it becoming a firm favourite.
2. Grey Biker Coat – I’m still uming and ahing over getting a new coat this season. I have a furry one from Boo Hoo a year or two ago that is easily the best purchase I’ve made – warm and snuggly and goes with everything. But not great in rain. So I’m trying to find something that will manage to keep me warm, but not leave me feeling like a wet dog in drizzle. I’m not keen on black coats and tend to lean towards grey as it’s just as versatile but I find it suits me more and I do really like the style of this one… just not sure how warm it would be as not seen it in person yet?!
3. 147 Fashion Acid Wash Dress – I love denim, I love jersey dresses and I love long-sleeved, easy to wear ones too. So this is a triple threat for my bank balance – this is one from one of the labels stocked online at New Look and I really like it. Can see myself wearing it with some black tights, tan ankle boots and a chunky necklace. Yet another easy versatile piece that is hard to resist!
4. Blue Shift Dress – A few months ago I spotted a girl at work wearing a bright blue shift dress very similar to this and I absolutely loved it. But couldn’t find anything similar online, but then just this week I stumbled across this and I definitely need it. Easy shape, gorgeous colour and casual rolled sleeves. It’s the sort of dress that can be worn differently year round and look dressy or casual. Plus I do find it hard to resist anything blue…
5. Johnstons Tartan Scarf – Tartan is all over the place this season, and whilst I do like it, I also grew up at a high school where the uniform was tartan – so for me, there are too many high-school memories/looking like I’m wearing school girl fancy dress connotations to wearing anything more than a little flash of it. So I have been finding myself drawn to tartan scarves, especially big, wooly, snuggly ones. I love the idea of these adding a bit of Autumn-style over a simple jeans/slouchy grey/leather jacket outfit. But
6. Embellished Grey Jumper – There were tons of these around last Autumn/Winter and I failed to get on the bandwagon, in typical style I’m a bit late to the party and decided I now love these and have been stocking up. This one in particular I love because it has flashes of neon pink in there – something I love and seem to struggle to find in just the right statement necklace…when it comes to statement necklaces I’m quite fussy… So this for me is a ‘kills two birds with one stone’ ideal jumper. Plus it’s grey…always a winner.
That’s it for this weekend’s fashion-centric wish list… although now as I sit here typing I remember lots of beauty items that I’m also lusting after…perhaps next week I’ll have a beauty only one!