Bourjois Rouge Velvet

Of the high street brands on sale in the UK there are a couple that consistently excite me with new launches and one of those is Bourjois. Without fail, each year they launch something new and exciting and more often than not they’re one of the first to market for something new or something that’s been seen in the high-end market but not yet from an affordable brand. This post is just one dose of new-ness from Bourjois, in the shame of their new Rouge Edition Velvet lip creams * (or Bourjois Rouge Velvet for short) – a liquid lip colour, that’s highly pigmented and dries to a more matte finish on the lips.

bourjois rouge velvet.jpg

The shades above (L-R in all shots) are: 02, 06, 03 and 07. My favourites have to be 06 – the bright, blue-toned pink and 03 – the orange toned red. Both amazing bright shades that leave a gorgeous shade on the lips that just screams Spring/Summer. The shade 02 is also very pretty, quite a classic bright red – slightly more pinky toned than solid classic red but very universally wearable. Then there’s shade 7 that’s one of those rosey pink ones that not everyone loves but can be very flattering and more natural looking than pale pink shades on the lips.

But in my book, it’s the statement colours that are the winners from this collection – absolutely loving 06 and 03. I do sort of wish they had catchy names, but there we go!

*Update* They do have names! I was having a blonde moment as labels were missing on three of the four – but they’re called 02 Frambourjoise, 06 Ping Pong, 03 Hot Pepper, 07 Nude-ist. Thank you to Sabina for the heads up 🙂

What do you think of this exciting new launch from Bourjois? I suspect this may be the beginning of a bit of a lip-cream/stain trend in the highstreet beauty world – so excited to see what comes next!

Bourjois Rouge Velvet * will be available from Boots – you can join their waiting list now if you’re especially excited!

1. March 10, 2014 / 8:54 pm

Ooh I love 03! Might have to try these out – whats there staying power like?
    If you want to try something new, I’m having a GIVE AWAY! GOSH’s Longer Lashes Growth Serum and Mascara…
    Visit my blog to enter – 🙂 x

2. March 10, 2014 / 9:29 pm

Hi! 🙂 I was just wondering if you would let me in on your pretty photo edit! I was just wondering what you use to get the circle layer on top of the picture? Hope you don’t mind me asking, It looks lovely. Love your blog too!

Emma xx

• Jen
      March 10, 2014 / 9:34 pm

Thanks Emma, no worries- I use picmonkey to edit 🙂 x

3. Emsy Lou
    March 10, 2014 / 10:31 pm

Owww, 07 looks really nice! May have to keep an eye out for that one x

4. March 10, 2014 / 10:41 pm

I haven’t seen these in my local Boots yet but I can’t wait to try them out. I love the 02 and 03 shades but I agree with you I prefer when products have catchy names.

5. atlulus
    March 10, 2014 / 11:02 pm

I really wanna get them!!!

6. March 11, 2014 / 12:35 am

I’m one of those people that really likes 07 and those type of shades! I dislike it when brands decide not to give their products a name – it makes it feel like they don’t care as much and haven’t looked at the finer details.

Amy xo

• Jen
      March 11, 2014 / 8:03 am

I do like a product with a shade name too – find it makes it easier to make it a true ‘love’ within a collection. Is that odd?!

7. March 11, 2014 / 6:25 am

These look beautiful, I also love Bourjois products so I can’t wait to give these a go, and I agree I love the pink one.

8. March 11, 2014 / 9:59 am

These are incredible, super pigmented and very long lasting on me. But they have names, 02:Frambourjois, 06:Ping Pong, 03:Hot Pepper and 07:Nude-ist. Hope this helped and you will like them even more! 🙂 ( Written from Hungary :D)

• Jen
      March 11, 2014 / 11:04 am

Yes! Amazing, the labels are missing on three of the shades I have but just found them on the one- amazing spot, thank you!x

9. Rawortley
    July 20, 2014 / 5:06 am

Sephora has some awesome dupes to these..luster mattes and there bright pink one is to DIE FOR…BRIGHTER AND MORE COOL TONED THEN CANDY YUM YUM TYPES..but love them.