WARNING: this post may shock

Fellow beauty junkies, please make sure you are sitting down before you read this post as I have a confession to make regarding a recent MAC purchase.

Recently I bought four items of MAC make-up. No, this is not the shocking factor. What may shock is that these are the only MAC make-up I own. I know, I know, how can I call myself a beauty junkie and only now be buying MAC?!

Before I get carried away with make-up guilt – this isn’t my first MAC purchase – I did buy a foundation that I used up completely a few years ago, but since then I have never quite gone as far as to actually purchase more. To be very honest a large part of this is because I find the staff at MAC counters intimidating so even when I have gone to a counter full of intentions to buy I have often changed my mind at the last moment. Of course, the other factor has been the cost.

But having bitten the bullet and bought a few bits I have my eye on I am totally converted. The cost is intimidating, but 100% worth it. This will not be shocking news to any MAC converts, who are already well aware of the benefits of the quality. But if you have, like me, thought it was a bit too expensive and not convinced it was worth the expense- it really is.

The bits I bought are some simple, ‘staple’ items:

• Studio Sculpt Concealer (NW15)
  • Mineralise Skin Finish Natural (Light)
  • 2x Eyeshadow (Satin Taupe and Naked Lunch)

My main rave is about the pigmentation and the staying power of the eye shadows- beautiful colours that truly last all day. This may have been my first MAC purchase in a long time, but I doubt it will be the last.

1. Rosie
    September 24, 2009 / 8:48 pm

I love their eyeshadows. Handwritten is gorgeous!!

2. Em
    September 24, 2009 / 9:03 pm

I’ve never bought MAC before but everyone seems to be raving about it so I might just have to get some foundation now I’ve run out!

3. aphrodite_shei
    September 24, 2009 / 9:24 pm

I just got my first mac last week! and i will be going back for more. i also bought msf natural and satin taupe e/s a start. i will surely be going back for more..its quite pricey though. the staffs at my mac are not so nice either..and i´ve heard a lot of girls say that about mac staffs.

4. September 24, 2009 / 8:41 pm

The eye shadows are a must, if i could i would buy all the MAC eyeshadows 🙂 lol

5. Sully
    September 24, 2009 / 9:49 pm

I do not buy MAC not for the prices but because it seems like everybody aims it I like Dior, Estee Lauder and Dermablend(foundations and concealer) and there’s a catalogue L’bel Paris that got incredible lipsticks and eyeshadows. It still not convince me.

6. September 24, 2009 / 9:04 pm

It really is worth it. I 100% plan on ‘investing’ in more MAC. Next on my list is a foundation, a mineralise skinfinish and some more eye shadows…

7. violet
    September 24, 2009 / 10:27 pm

oooh, i love naked lunch! i just recently bought it myself. =) and i totally get what you mean about the MA’s at MAC being very intimidating. luckily, i usually get really nice, cheery ones. i’ve only been “helped” by snooty/disinterested MA’s a few times.

love your blog! =)

8. September 24, 2009 / 9:55 pm

I agree about the Mac eyeshadows. They are quite simply the best – to me anyway! Nothing compares to the quality!

9. LizSara
    September 25, 2009 / 7:19 am

One you go MAC you never go back! I adore them and i tend to find if you just walk up to the till staff and ask for what you wan they couldn’t be more helpful. I have pro-longwear lipstick and concealer for every day wear plus primer, foundation and eyeshadow…and a coveted jar of pigment that i think i might marry.

Oh goodness now i’ve just realised i sound like a walking advert for them…wait, my eyeliner and mascara are Urban Decay. Phew that’s better

10. September 25, 2009 / 10:46 am

I don’t mean to be overly-critical of the staff at MAC, I have just found them a bit difficult in the past. The lady who helped me from the MAC counter at Gatwick North Terminal was lovely- very helpful and didn’t push me into buying anything.

11. thedicegirl
    September 26, 2009 / 9:32 am

I only made my first Mac purchase last month so your not the only one behind :p!! Maybe you could do your next purchase online (only if there are items you are sure about) because thats where i got my items from and found the experience with them really great!

12. September 28, 2009 / 4:13 pm

A make-up artist used Mac Face and Body Foundation on me for my wedding – I haven’t looked as good before or ever since! She used her hands to apply it almost like working in moisturiser, building up lots of thin layers. It lasted really well, until the last guests left at about 4am, actually!

13. Organicfan10
    October 3, 2009 / 1:57 pm

The mall in my town that has a MAC store is far away, however, with all the wonderful comments about MAC eyeshadows; I too have to bite the bullet and buy some. I also want some MAC brushes. Uh, oh, my wishlist is getting long for MAC products.

14. October 4, 2009 / 12:53 pm

I now own over 10 MAC eye shadow products and I love each and every one of them. However, be warned about the Limited Edition collections they keep coming out with! It kinda makes me obsessed that I’ve got to have each and every one of them but tbh, I don’t. Haha.

xx

15. October 10, 2009 / 7:21 am

I couldn’t imagine a world without my MAC foundation and eye shadows. Good choice! I agree, totally worth every cent.