Max Factor Creme Puff Blush

Max Factor launched a new set of powder based mineralised style blushers – and they’re rather pretty. I’ll get straight to the point on these. There’s no denying that these Max Factor Creme Puff Blush shades are pretty darn similar to the amazing Hourglass Ambient Light Blushers and as much as I love original options for products, I am also a big fan of the dupe.

The Max Factor offer a happy blend of healthy flush with a hint of glow. With shades from pale baby pink through to mauve. The veined appearance means that each one looks somewhat different – overall the shade looks the same on the skin.

These six shades are: Lavish Mauve (20), Lovely Pink (05), Alluring Rose (25) then Gorgeous Berries (30), Seductive Pink (15), Nude Mauve (10).

Lavish Mauve (20): Pink with strong mauve veining

Lovely Pink (05): Peachy pink with golden sheen

Alluring Rose (25): Dark berry with peachy pink undertones

(L-R: Below)

Gorgeous Berries (30): Pale pink with berry veining

Seductive Pink (15): Pink with rosy pink

Nude Mauve (10): Pale baby pink with nude tones

(L-R: Below)

The biggest variety with these blushes is that some of them have a glow/sheen to them, others have a touch more shimmer that verges on glitter. The ones with the most glitter/sheen of these are Lovely Pink and Alluring Rose. So perhaps these are ones more for night time rather than the shimmer in the day.

My personal favourites? It’s a tough call between Lavish Mauve and Nude Mauve – both with a pretty sheen but not shimmer that has a blend of pink nude or pink and mauve. Just enough pink to flatter and nude or mauve to keep it on the natural side. Both great day to day favourites where as I really like Alluring Rose and Lovely Pink as more highlighter shades or for night time.

Have you given these a whirl? I love a blush with a glow rather than matte so they instantly appealed to me when they first launched… I’ve just been a very bad blogger and been slow posting about them!

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush* available from Boots (£8.99 – currently on 3 for 2)

*PR sample or gift.

1. June 30, 2015 / 10:39 am

I have lovely pink and find it lacks pigmentation 🙁 Gorgeous Berries looks like a lovely shade x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

2. June 30, 2015 / 12:44 pm

I wear the seductive pink shade nearly every day:)

3. June 30, 2015 / 1:33 pm

These are SO pretty. I’m a huge lover of bright pink blushes so I might need to check out this range soon.
    Gillian  xx  EyelinerFlicks

4. nueyork
    June 30, 2015 / 3:31 pm

I love that there are more shades to these as I love the one I own! We only have four of them currently in Australia, so I hope the rest of the collection hits our shores soon. x

nueyork.blogspot.com

5. June 30, 2015 / 3:44 pm

These look gorgeous so I’ll have to give them a swatch the next time I’m in Boots.

6. June 30, 2015 / 8:20 pm

I love these blushers so much that I have 5 of the 6 shades. I might have to pick up the last one (gorgeous berries) at some point but I think that one’s probably more of a Winter shade for me. My favourite at the moment is Lavish Mauve. It’s such a nice everyday colour that I can quickly slap on for work without too much effort or blending required, Em x

• Jen
      Author
      July 1, 2015 / 6:44 pm

Have to go for the full set if you already have five!

7. Paulaena Marie
    July 1, 2015 / 12:29 pm

I have Lavish Mauve and Nude Mauve and they are everyday staples for me. I love that Lavish Mauve is quite pigmented but the texture of these blushes makes it so easy to work with. Definitely going to pick up more shades soon!

Tweezers and Tongs

8. July 1, 2015 / 2:05 pm

I love all of these, my go to day to day though is def Nude Mauve. Awesome shade.

9. July 15, 2015 / 9:23 am

Morning Jen,

I love these blushes – been using them for a while and recommended them to a couple of friends and relatives. Such a good drug store product!