Nude nails round up

This is the start of a bit of a series of posts I’m going to do giving a round-up/comparison of similar colours in my collection. Hopefully will be helpful if, for example, you like nude nail varnish but are unsure which shade you prefer. Seeing them side by side makes it much easier to see the difference.

Hopefully this will also be a bit of a wake-up call to stop me buying more…!

So this post is all about nude polishes. I have some other shades that are more creamy/pink shade nudes – but these are the ones that fall into the slightly grey-shades of nude rather than natural nudes (i.e. the sort of colours you would use for a traditional french manicure)

Here we have (left to right):

Nails inc Basil Street
OPI Tickle My Francey
Diet Coke Nails inc London
Topshop Nice ‘n’ Neutral

My favorite of these shades is probably either the OPI or the Topshop. They all applied really smooth (the nails inc basil street was probably slightly less smooth than the others). All dried quickly. The Diet Coke Nails inc is the most opaque/least sheer.

Love or hate nude nails? What’s your favorite nude nail polish?

**The Small Print**

I bought the OPI (ebay) and Topshop polishes. Others were either won or sent for free.

1. June 21, 2010 / 7:11 am

The Topshop looks good but I love nudes now having derided them for weeks!!!

2. Primp and Preen
    June 21, 2010 / 9:24 am

My favourite is Nails Inc London but I love the look of the OPI as well.

3. June 21, 2010 / 8:49 am

I used to really hate nude nails – I didn’t like the mannequin hands look. But now I really like them, I think they are a good combination of polished, classic, and still trendy – all in a tiny bottle of sludge-coloured goodness!

4. handbag.com
    June 21, 2010 / 12:01 pm

I’ve been trying to get my hands on the Diet Coke Nails Inc, such a good offer! I think my fave is the normal Nails Inc one though.

5. PeachBellini
    June 21, 2010 / 1:25 pm

I love the Nails Inc London, I wear it often. It’s a great colour on my skin. Also like the TopShop colour, will definitely try it out – it’s really good to see the differences between nudes. My least favourite is the Basil Nudes.

6. Jade
    June 21, 2010 / 6:46 pm

i think the topshop one looks really nice :), models own do a nude colour cant rememeber the name – but you should check it out 🙂 xx

7. Anonymous
    June 21, 2010 / 5:48 pm

I love nude nails, but they have to be very light ^^

8. June 21, 2010 / 6:53 pm

The Topshop one looks really nice but can’t say I’m a big fan of the Basil Street paint x

9. Rachel@fairycakeheaven
    June 21, 2010 / 8:03 pm

Barry M no. 312 Mushroom, EXACTLY the same as the Chanel Particulaire…..

10. PeachBellini
    June 21, 2010 / 8:22 pm

Oh yes I have a question – do you have any recommendations for a fast drying topcoat? I never seem to have enough time to wait for nails to dry and then put on top coat and wait for that to dry – and I’d love to find something to use on my existing colours. Thanks:)

11. June 22, 2010 / 9:27 am

Have to say, I’m not keen on Basil Street now – seeing it next to the other shades makes it look very ‘smokers finger’ yellow. Not really the look I’m going for!

@PeachBellini

I have pretty much always stuck to using Mavala Top Coat, which is great but not especially quick drying. I’ve read on a couple of blogs about a good fast-dry spray, but I haven’t tried it yet – will see if I can get my hands on one and give it a test!

@Rachel@fairycakeheaven

It’s funny you mention Barry M Mushroom – I suggested this to a friend on Sunday who was looking for a muddy grey/brown. She bought it and loves it – it really is very similar to the Chanel.

12. June 22, 2010 / 11:36 am

I’m not a big fan of nude nail polishes, I prefer the bright colours 🙂

13. June 22, 2010 / 12:59 pm

Oooh they’re all so pretty. I think my fav is the top shop one. I still haven’t had time to check out any of their make up yet. Must find the time!