American beauty bits

My parents recently went on holiday to the East coast of America, visiting Washington, Virginia and various other places. Of course before they went I gave them a little list of bits that I was hoping they could pick up for me whilst over there – starting with the most important, Hershey’s Kisses (and perhaps a couple of bits of make up too…)

So I now have even more bits to add to the ever growing list of things to try out:

– Crest White Strips (I have used these before, when I lived in America for a year, always regret not stocking up then – they are fantastic)
– Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion in very black
– Covergirl exact eyelights eye brightening waterproof mascara for blue eyes
– 3x Sephora for OPI nail polishes (Call your mother, How cute is that?, and Let’s do lunch)
– Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in shade 6 for lips and cheeks (bright pink)
– Sephora eye pencil in shade 506 (a lilac/silver/grey mix)
– Big Bag of Hershey’s Kisses

I’m very excited to eat the chocolate try out the make-up, starting with painting my nails with ‘How cute is that?’ – it’s a gorgeous bright pink/coral with a golden pinky shimmer. Call your mother looks very similar to metro chicΒ  in the bottle, but more purple under a flash. Let’s do lunch is a beigey coral nude type of shade, almost terracotta-ish. Of the three, this is probably the one I am least excited to try now having seen it in real life – but it will still make for a nice nude/polished look – will see how it works with my skin tone.

I’m also very much looking forward to trying the Aqua Cream and the Covergirl mascaras – especially the eyelights one. Fingers crossed it will make my eyes looks all sparkly and lovely…!

Of course, as I work my way around trying them all I will blog about it. If you have tried any of these colours/products then let me know what you think!

Eagle-eyed people might have spotted there is also a NARS package in there… that’s Penny Lane Cream Blush, something I have wanted for ages and is marginally cheaper in the US (not by much anymore) but I put that on the list too, although I know it’s available in the UK.

**The Small Print**

These were bought my my parents – so real money was paid for them and everything.

PS. thanks mum and dad if you happen to read this!

1. Ninni
    July 7, 2010 / 11:01 am

Lovely things! I am so excited because I am going to NY in September, I am definitely going to focus on beauty shopping!

2. July 7, 2010 / 10:50 am

I picked up a lash blast fusion when I was in the States last month – very impressed so far, but it’s working better now that it’s had a bit of time to dry out…

And I’ve just started on my white strips – love them – though I got them on ebay as it was the same price as in the US!

The Aqua Cream looks gorgeous πŸ™‚

3. July 7, 2010 / 11:01 am

Ooh, I’m going to America in 4 weeks – I don’t think my boyfriend realises that Sephora, CVS and visiting a mall or two are on the cards πŸ™‚

4. July 7, 2010 / 12:43 pm

@Jen – thanks for the tip. It’s good to know when some mascaras are better after a bit of time!

I’m hoping to go to the States later in the Summer (September probably) so will no doubt be making sure I get to MANY Sephora stores, plus Target, Walmart, CVS, Duane Reade… shopping may be a major focus of the trip!

5. July 7, 2010 / 2:47 pm

Last wknd I bought 2 MUFE’s eyecreams aswell; shade 12 and 13. A shimmery beige and a golden brown and I just love them!!!! Wish I’d bought more of them as the store that sells them is just across the border(sp?) (btw, I live in Belgium and across the border actually means a 1 hour drive :-))….

6. July 7, 2010 / 3:30 pm

Make Up Forever is amazing; their shadows, lip and cheek products are some of the best. Let me know how you like them

7. Kat O
    July 7, 2010 / 8:03 pm

I have an ‘America’ list as long as my arm of things I need to get next time I’m over! I got my friend to bring me back the Crest Advanced White Strips but haven’t had a chance to review them yet. Looking forward to your reviews of them! Hershey’s are great, but have you tried peanut butter M&Ms? I’d be double my weight if I lived in the US!

8. July 8, 2010 / 1:30 am

hahah lol…definitely, I live in US & you said it right, all these things are must haves πŸ™‚

love your blog always

have a wonderful week πŸ™‚

9. July 8, 2010 / 7:01 am

@kims – I’m planning to pic up some eye versions when I go to America later in the year so will have to check out those shades! They sound perfect for me (being a neutrals kinda gal!)

@David – what products from MUFE are your faves? Any you would say are must haves?

@KatO – I’ve never tried peanut butter M&Ms as not that keen on peanut butter but definitely agree about the double weight thing. I pretty much was when I lived out there, probably because I lived on a diet of cheesy fries (the most amazing ones I have ever tasted!) and krispy creams…. Not good!

@Emily The problem with these bits are that it has just made me crave going to the US even more. Can’t wait to go – are there any other bits you suggest as must haves (incl drugstore bits!)

10. Hannah
    July 14, 2010 / 12:41 pm

Heya, great blog! I am at the moment researching the Crest white strips. I am going to America in September and was wondering where the best place to buy them is? I don’t really know where to start πŸ™‚ Could you give me a bit of advice? Thanks! Hannah xo

11. July 15, 2010 / 5:46 pm

I’m going to NY in Sept too! I’m pretty sure you can get crest white strips from pretty much anywhere that sells toothpaste – so in NY, Duane Reade will have them, or Walmart and places like that? What else is on your shopping list for your trip?!

12. Chrystal
    March 1, 2012 / 11:53 pm

I know I am about a year and a half late on this, but next time you come to the US I would definitely recommend going to a store called Ulta. It’s nothing but wall-to-wall beauty products, and they offer everything from drugstore brands to high-end name brands. It is truly a playland for beauty product junkies! πŸ™‚