YSL Touche Eclat: New Shades

Cult classic under-eye highlighter, Touche Eclat is now available in a whole wardrobe of shades, so there is something suitable for many more skin types. The new shades available in the UK are:

No.1 Luminous Radiance:The ultimate highlighter (this is the one with no number in the pictures)

No.1.5 Luminous Silk: For fair complexions with pink undertones

No.2 Luminous Ivory: For fair complexions with golden undertones

No.3 Light Peach: For warm and golden-beige complexions

No.5 Luminous Honey: For Mediterranean complexions

No.6 Luminous Amber: For Mixed African complexions
No.7 Luminous Mocha: For dark complexions (specifically developed for the UK market – not pictured)

Interestingly, there isn’t a shade 4 in the new range for the UK (although there is online) I asked why this was. It is because when the new shades were developed internationally and then each market (the UK) could select the shades most suitable – shade 4 wasn’t seen as a good match for the UK’s skin tones but shade 7 was developed especially.
Personally, I think the original shade is still the most suitable for me, but I love that they have brought out such a range of shades. Especially the darker skin tones that are often missed out in the UK market.
RRP: £24.50 (but available online for cheaper, cheapest I could find was www.cheapsmells.com for £19.95)
PR Sample.

1. liloo
    June 17, 2011 / 7:44 am

your swatches are awesome. you totally intrigued me about shade 4 and now it bugs me. I think we can be the judge of that and decide for ourselves in shade 4 is for us or not, right? with england being such a multi ethnic country, how can they be sure, shade 4 won’t be of interest to anyone?xx
    liloo/@tsunimee

2. Sami
    June 17, 2011 / 10:43 am

It’s good to see a higher end brand take other ethnicities into consideration but I do wonder why they haven’t targeted many ethnic bloggers/publications with this new range.

3. VexintheCity
    June 18, 2011 / 2:48 am

I bought #4 and #6 ages ago and would like to try no #7 to compare but I still think the product is grossly overrated.

4. Anonymous
    February 2, 2012 / 9:48 am

Are you sure you got shades 1.5 and 2 correct? Seems like they should be the other way round. 1.5 for fair complexions with golden undertones and 2 for fair complexions with pink undertones.

5. Anonymous
    February 16, 2012 / 10:28 am

Which was is the original one?

6. Anonymous
    May 31, 2012 / 2:56 pm

I see so many references to the original shade being the best, but no where can I find which new shade matches this! As I am also searching for the original shade, which one of the new range is the most similar please

7. Shamara Robinson
    February 22, 2015 / 1:58 am

I wonder if someone can tell me why they discontinued Shades 6 & 7?

• Jen
      Author
      February 22, 2015 / 9:14 am

I’d maybe guess they were the lowest sellers?

• Pero Opaneye
      July 17, 2015 / 12:30 pm

And with no warning! I’m annoyed too, really loved shade 7, I would have stocked up!