I have a problem…

.. with mini sets of nail varnish.

My name is Jen and I’m a mini-nail-polish-aholic.

It all started innocently when I spotted the Sephora OPI mini sets when in New York in September 2010, then I fell for the Essie Mini Sets and Now OPI… I just don’t think you can beat spending a tiny bit more than it costs for one full sized bottle but getting four little bottles of coloured cuteness.

These are the sets I already have (and yes, I keep them in the boxes – I’m a bit of a geek like that)

Safari Luxe Collection from Sephora OPI (Spring 2011)

Sephora OPI collection – this was a freebie (in Sept 2010) because I had spent so much…

Sephora OPI Good & Evil Collection $18 from Sephora

Essie Touring America Collection £12 from ASOS.COM
Essie Resort Collection 2011 £11.95 from Beauty Bay
This is a generic image…these ones I don’t keep in the box because the rabbit chewed it…

But the obsession doesn’t stop there! I have my eye on some more mini collection sets too! On my lust-list at the moment are…(and yes, it’s a long list…)

Essie Winter Collection Mini Set (£11.95 Beauty Bay )

Then as someone who grew up watching the Muppets (and Muppet Babies when I was really little…) I have to have this!

I love the polish names – Wocka Wocka!
This is from HQhair.com £12.75
A huge mini set?! Erm, yes please! Full of classic colours, some could say that this is all the nail polish you ever need… (not that a little fact like that would stop me wanting more).

The Best of the Best OPI Collection from HQhair.com £27.50

And then I made the biggest mistake a beauty blogger can make… I visited Sephora.com… They clearly know that the mini polish sets are popular because they have tons of them! And yes, I do want them all… how can I choose!? Darn Sephora for not being in the UK…but these three are the stand outs for me.

Sephora OPI Glimmer Collection 6-pack $22 from Sephora.com

Sephora Manhattan Minis $22 from Sephora.com

And the holy grail of all things mini… this baby! I have my heart set on getting my hands of this somehow, I just need to figure out how!

Sephora OPI Glimmer Collection 18 Piece $48 from Sephora.com

So there we have it, a little insight into my shameful addiction to all things mini… do you love mini polish collections too? Please tell me I’m not alone in my mini-loving obsession!

All products bought by me. Or soon to be bought by me….

1. November 3, 2011 / 2:16 pm

Ahhaa they are very cute and I know you ARE right- HOWEVER I really don’t like painting with the mini brushes.. I know that is a minor issue compared to the fact that you get 4 for the price of 1 big bottle, but I disliked it so much, I sold my mini sets..
    Love you collection though 🙂

2. November 3, 2011 / 2:32 pm

I definitely have a problem, but you’re right Stina – the brushes aren’t ideal, although I find the Essie ones fine but the OPI/Sephora OPI ones harder to work with.

3. Pink Pom Poms
    November 3, 2011 / 2:35 pm

I’ve picked up a good few mini sets in Sally’s in the sale, a while after the collection is out. Usually get them for £4 odd, so some bargains to be had! I am obsessed with mini things too!

Anna x

4. November 3, 2011 / 2:45 pm

you mean you have got any orly mins?? mini bottles are just too cute!

5. November 3, 2011 / 3:30 pm

I love mini polishes. Love. So cute! They seem like much better value too – I have so many polishes it’s not like I’m ever going to finish a full size one.

I love the Orly minis too – they have a huge range of them in my local Boots and I keep buying “just one more”.

Might have to get myself the OPI Nice Stems set now…

6. November 3, 2011 / 7:30 pm

I love them too! And I keep them in the box 😉

7. Helen
    November 3, 2011 / 9:44 pm

I only really buy mini ones as I don’t have enough money to buy loads of full ones and I hardly wear it anyway (not allowed to at school). And I get a lot more colours than I would normally!

8. November 4, 2011 / 8:12 pm

I actually have a love/hate relationship with mini polishes, I do have quite a lot though, nails Inc, Opi, Leighton Denny, Essie, and a few others, the problem I have with the minis is the amount of product you get. Personally I think a mini should be at least 5ml anything under that then I don’t like it which is a shame because my fav is Opi and they fall way below that. However if it’s the only way to get a colour then I will get it…….

9. Anonymous
    November 4, 2011 / 10:00 pm

if it helps i’ve seen the OPI best of the best collection in john lewis, btw love your blog!!!

10. SadieC
    November 5, 2011 / 8:26 pm

I picked up the Muppets minis in Bentalls in Kingston and it’s fab! Designer De-better and Warm n Fozzie are easily the best – so much glitter and they go on really well. Get em!! 🙂