Holiday Beauty: Nails

Another little holiday beauty update for you, this time on nails! Due to the lovely low weight-limit restrictions on Ryan Air I couldn’t take many shades with me (plus I was only away for 10 days) so I narrowed it down to three – plus the essential basics. So the shades I chose were…

Essie ‘Cute as a button’ – the perfect bright coral-ish pink
Orly ‘Rage’* – my favourite champagne gold
Mavala ‘Blue Curacao’* – a gorgeous bright turquoise

The essentials I took were:

Essie Moisturising Base Coat
Nails Inc Kensington Glossy Top Coat*
Quickies Nail Remover Wipes (not as good as the Bourjois 1 Second remover pot, but more travel friendly)

I also took a little peek at the shades my Mum decided to bring away with her… she chose a couple of classic OPI colours: Shanghai Shimmer and Rosy Future (plus her favourite No 7 Top Coat)

Speaking of top coats – my much loved Nails Inc Top Coat is on it’s last legs – so I need suggestions for a new one. My main thing is it has to be quick drying above everything else – and I mean properly dry, not just touch dry as this is why I love the Nails Inc. Of course I could just re-purchase the Nails Inc and I might, but wanted to investigate others to try first…you never know if the next Holy Grail product is just around the corner!

So please leave a comment and tell me what your favourite top coat is!

*PR sample

1. sarah polak
    September 14, 2012 / 9:04 am

My favourite topcoats at the moment are…sally hansen instadri (the one in the red bottle) and essie’s good to go. I only use quick dry ones because I am impatient!! I used to swear buy seche vite but I have since noticed that it doesn’t really matter what the topcoat is if my nails aren’t in good condition in the first place. I’ve noticed a huge difference since changing my nail polish remover to the Cutex Nourishing one (lilac lid, milky coloured liquid):) xx

2. September 14, 2012 / 8:23 am

I like INM Out The Door, Orly Polishield and China Glaze Fast Forward topcoats 🙂

3. September 14, 2012 / 8:45 am

Essie cute as a button is lovely:)

thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk

4. clairemelvin
    September 14, 2012 / 11:03 am

My holy grail top coat is seche vite. I know it’s got “bad stuff” in but I’ve never found any other top coat that dries so quickly and also seems to prevent the dents that I seem to always get. Love it!

5. September 14, 2012 / 1:05 pm

Love the look of the Essie shade, but sometimes want something a bit neutral like the shades your mum took.

6. September 14, 2012 / 8:21 pm

Jessica’s Brilliance Gloss something topcoat is awesome – it’s got colour enhancers and UV protectors to keep the colour fresh, if I recall correctly. I’m using Seche Vite now but still prefer Jessica – a rather under-rated, yet brilliant, nail brand.

7. Sami
    September 15, 2012 / 7:34 pm

OPI’s Shanghai Shimmer looks gorgeous!

8. Maria
    September 16, 2012 / 2:21 pm

The Sally Hansen top coat in the red bottle is amazing.

9. September 18, 2012 / 9:36 pm

Sally Hansen Dry & Go Protein Top Coat is a little miracle! 🙂

10. Romaisa_xo
    October 6, 2012 / 1:46 pm

I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Seche Vite top coat but they don’t sell it in the UK – you could order it online though! xo

11. Romaisa_xo
    October 6, 2012 / 1:48 pm

You could try the Seche Vite top coat – I’ve heard loadsa good things about them – but they don’t sell them here in the UK (you could just order them online though) 🙂