Bourjois So Laque Glossy Spring Shades

With the weather we have been having has hinted that Spring/Summer might actually be here, those few glorious days over the long weekend have me digging out my Summer dresses and psyching myself up to the idea of exposing more than an ankle to fresh air.

Along with this I’ve been reaching for some more spring like shades – including this selection from the newest additions to the Boirjois So Laque Glossy range.

spring nails from bourjois
IMG_7930IMG_8266

Grey is kinda my favourite colour when it comes to what I wear, so it was no shock that along with the gorgeous cornflower blue and the minty shade the other two I chose to try out where the grey/neutral ones. I like this sort of combination of shades for Spring – I don’t want to go too heavy on the brights just yet, save some of the colour for full-on Summer!

Of all the shades I think the cornflower blue shade is my favourite – I am a sucker for blue nails. In fact, my nails are adorned with this blue as I type! It’s just perfect for Spring, bright yet not in your face at the same time.

From these four the mint is a gorgeous shade, but was the hardest to build up – you can just see near the nail base it’s still a little sheer and that’s after three coats. But it is worth the extra layer or two as such a seasonal perfect colour. Plus I can never resist a mint or turquoise shade (I’m thinking of using my mint/turquoise nail selection as the basis for choosing the shade of bridesmaid dresses for the wedding…!)

Of the two neutral shades, the paler one looks more grey in the bottle but when applied veers towards the nude family. The darker shade is a creamy grey-brown on the nail – keeping it on the warmer side of grey helps it look flattering rather than like you have dead fingers. So that’s a good thing!

Which is your pick from these four shades?

Available from ASOS or Superdrug (£5.99)

PR sample

1. May 9, 2013 / 7:45 am

I love that greige type colour… next time there’s a 3-for-2 I’m there!

2. May 9, 2013 / 7:49 am

Oh and also, what are the colour names/numbers of the two grey/nude shades?

3. May 9, 2013 / 8:43 am

Usually I’m into dark/navy blues but that blue is really pretty. I think it’s my favourite too. 🙂

4. Zoey - Daisy Gin
    May 9, 2013 / 2:38 pm

the grey is lovely! so hard to find a perfect grey but that may just be it! x

5. May 9, 2013 / 4:23 pm

I had the mint one but returned it as I didn’t think the formula was worth the money. It appled streaky and took 4 coats and still didn’t look perfect. Then because the coats were thicker it marked easily so I ended up just taking it off. I was so disappointed because I loved the shade

6. May 9, 2013 / 4:24 pm

7. ampersaand
    May 11, 2013 / 2:44 pm

The mint shade is beautiful! I’m all about mint these days, my boyfriend is actually a bit sick of it! x

8. louisebray95
    May 14, 2013 / 7:33 am

I love the blue and mint shades! I’m trying to build up my spring nail polish collection so these look like a lovely budget friendly option, just a shame they require several coats because I’m lazy 😛 x

LouiseLovesLipstick.blogspot.co.uk